Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Hi there,

Recently, I lost my N9 overnight, when it was low on battery. It went completely flat, and when I found it, I plugged it in and restarted it. It took about an hour before I pushed the power button, which triggered the homescreen to show. Oddly, it was going incredibly slowly. I left it for a while to charge, and later after it was at 100%, I removed it from the charger. Then boom, it shut straight down and apparently ran out of battery. So I plugged it back in, restarted it, and after about 10 minutes of trying to figure out what the hell went wrong, it rebooted itself. After about another hour of booting, I pushed the power button to load the homescreen (???). I went through this a few times, shortening the boot time every time. No luck. It was stuck in a reboot loop. As far as I am concerned, there were no conflicting apps installed. I had homescreen settings installed, and I am bringing it down to this, although I still am quite confused as to what caused it. It may just be the flaky performance that I have seen through nokias when restarting from a flat battery. (Even on the 3350)

I have had to completely reset my phone, deleting everything as soon as I had a window before restarting long enough to do so, which is sad as I lost some very nice family photos taken on the camera :/

I am posting this as part warning, part question as does anyone know why this happened?

Thanks,
Jono.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
why did you do a full reset and lose data when you could have posted about your problem here and got help?
http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state
the site is a good wiki for fixing the reboot loop or at least to retrieve data before reseting everything.

You could have done a simple search and found this out too instead of posting your regrets here after everything has been done and dusted.

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-06-17 at 12:26. Reason: typo

on your question of why did it happen did you use N9QTweak too? Maybe some tweak conflicted with home screen settings to cause the reboot loop. Without info on all the apps and tweaks in your system its difficult to pin-point the issue.

Home screen settings works perfectly for many users here so it should not be solely responsible.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
why did you do a full reset and lose data when you could have posted about your problem here and got help?
http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state
the site is a good wiki for fixing the reboot loop or at least to retrieve data before reseting everything.

You could have done a simple search and found this out too instead of posting your regrets here after everything has been done and dusted.
  1. I did not have the time to try and retrieve stuff between intermitant reboots, I am also quite new to my N9 and dont know how to do much command line stuff (apart from clock colour change )
  2. Why does everyone bag out at me for posting, I am just saying that there was an issue in an attmept to be nice?
  3. Every time I post asking for help, someone says 'err you idiot it was off in some far corner of the internet that is on the 1000.... page of google....'

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
on your question of why did it happen did you use N9QTweak too? Maybe some tweak conflicted with home screen settings to cause the reboot loop. Without info on all the apps and tweaks in your system its difficult to pin-point the issue.

Home screen settings works perfectly for many users here so it should not be solely responsible.
  1. Only have homescreen settings installed, not quicktweak, I heard of the reboot loop, hence why I did not install it.
  2. Not really saying it was soley responsible, just may of been a cause

Last edited by DJJonosound; 2012-06-17 at 14:12.

nobody is criticizing you...anyway not as far as I'm concerned. What i was trying to imply was you should be posting here before attempting a reset instead of complaining afterwards when your data is gone. Also searching for “fix Nokia n9 reboot loop” on google has solutions on the first page itself linking to many threads here where you could post if you didn't want to start a new thread.
getting data out didn't mean while stuck in the reboot but according to the wiki when you've mounted the device on your PC.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: