Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
The number is the html5 support index, as Kangal pointed out. These are devices that we test on on my daily job, only some of them are mine, N950 is one of them

Opera Mobile 12 scores 354, it probably will be available for Harmattan soon enough.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Recommend without any reservation, a stunning beauty!

This is absolutely a stunning beauty. The best tablet I had so far!

Its capacitance screen is very responsive, have not had a frozen screen

yet after 12 hrs use. And screen resolution is quoted 800 X 480, but

in fact its only 768 X 480. But I am surprise to find that the screen

is very crispy and can see a lot more smaller font than my other 2

tablets. I thought screen resolution is the only factor in display,

now I know there probably more to it. This tablet score mightly big on

responsiveness and screen display, even before removing the screen protector.

It came with 4.0.1, no google apps or market; which can be easily

upgraded to 4.0.3 and has google apps and market, now google play.

There are some annoying bugs and has been solved by other post, I

myself have not got to it yet.

Hooked up to a USB keyboard, worked like a jam. You need a USB (full

size) to OTG cable to micro USB.

Camera works good

HDMI waiting for a cable. You need a HDMI to mini HMDI cable to watch

china TV free.

No. It does not come with Fruit Ninja, very disappoint.

pics come later

bun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
If you have not seen ice cream, you need to play with it. It is way better than Froyo or Honey comb. My streaming of TV and audiovisual is a lot better, smooth than previous. What does that mean? Just send off another order of the same tablet, ice cream. This one is for my honey. The 1st time, she thinks "I will give it a try."

bun

Get Apex Launcher, its the best one for ICS.

You can also install MIUI on top of ICS
(launcher, lockscreen, notifications dock, system settings, universal theming, music app, internet browser, file explorer)

And you can also change the icon grid in the launcher, make it 6 x 6 or whatever and you can have them "stick" instead of "auto-align" like iOS. Frankly MIUI is better than stock Android in many ways, there's just no need for Homescreen+AppDrawer, when they can be fused together. Widgets go great around icons trust me.

The only thing MIUI is missing is a revision. It "needs" one after ICS was introduced because v4 didn't bring anything new to the table. Improvements include: using the stock "Folders" mechanism in the Launcher, improving the design to see Widgets (like ICS), and having an optional/deletable AppDrawer for those keen people.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Get Apex Launcher, its the best one for ICS.

You can also install MIUI on top of ICS...
You talk me into it. Where can I find out more info? TIA,

found some info here, to flash MIUI is quite intimidating. I need to look at it more closely. Thanks for the info, it is fun.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2012-04-01 at 09:17.

Apex launcher:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1452663

You can't just install the MIUI Launcher. Its a very powerful and feature-loaded launcher (massive theme library)...yet its still one of the quickest!

To get MIUI you need to look for custom roms that have baked it in. The sour part of this experience is that MIUI hooks onto stock AOSP ROMs or roms that are built on top of aosp roms (like CM9 or AOKP).

Custom Roms (like Villian Mod-Roms) that are built on top of "oem shipped roms" (ie Blur, Sense, TouchWizz) cannot support the MIUI framework/build. So if you don't have any supported aosp/aokp/cm9 rom you cannot get MIUI.

You can get a taste for the MIUI Launcher though in the form of copy or clone launchers. Examples:
360 Launcher (App Drawer is permanent, no longer deletable unfortunately http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1345601 )
QQ Launcher Pro (discontinued - broken link)
TencentDesktop ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1220695 ) <<< Recommended!!

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Apex launcher:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1452663

You can't just install the MIUI Launcher. Its a very powerful and feature-loaded launcher (massive theme library)...yet its still one of the quickest!

To get MIUI you need to look for custom roms that have baked it in. The sour part of this experience is that MIUI hooks onto stock AOSP ROMs or roms that are built on top of aosp roms (like CM9 or AOKP).

Custom Roms (like Villian Mod-Roms) that are built on top of "oem shipped roms" (ie Blur, Sense, TouchWizz) cannot support the MIUI framework/build. So if you don't have any supported aosp/aokp/cm9 rom you cannot get MIUI.

You can get a taste for the MIUI Launcher though in the form of copy or clone launchers. Examples:
360 Launcher (App Drawer is permanent, no longer deletable unfortunately http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1345601 )
QQ Launcher Pro (discontinued - broken link)
TencentDesktop ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1220695 ) <<< Recommended!!
One lazy question: Why there is something called MIUI? What can MIUI do while Android do not? I know there is a reason why there is MIUI, just too far behind for me to catch up. For the time being, there is NO MIUI for tablet, that is why I am not quite sure to proceed. I got everything written for Galaxy Nexus. Would NOT gamble my tablet while I am only 72 hrs from having it Still learning/playing with a new toy, not ready to risk it into a door stop .

I installed apex launcher, very versatile and flexible. I like it, thanks

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
One lazy question: Why there is something called MIUI? What can MIUI do while Android do not? I know there is a reason why there is MIUI, just too far behind for me to catch up. For the time being, there is NO MIUI for tablet, that is why I am not quite sure to proceed. I got everything written for Galaxy Nexus. Would NOT gamble my tablet while I am only 72 hrs from having it Still learning/playing with a new toy, not ready to risk it into a door stop .

I installed apex launcher, very versatile and flexible. I like it, thanks

bun
What MIUI does is build a sleek framework over the best Android build, its basically Android in its finest.

1) Think of it this way, people want to move away from TouchWizz (oem rom) and have a pure google "stock android" rom. Such an example would be going from the SGS to the Nexus S...identical phones, very different software.

This way it performs better because it doesn't have a ton of background tasks and limitations. It also supports more Apps, has less crashes etc because the software is the way it was meant to be.

2) Then comes along the CyanogenMod Team. They use pure stock google android and make modifications. These are modifications to give you more options (in a variety of ways)...so you still get the fastest "Google" experience (and less bugs, more app support) but you have options to do What You Want with it.

3) MIUI is built on top of CM. So it is basically pure google android, but you have access to all the functionality of cyanogenmod. What MIUI does to CM is to tame it.
They have made the UX more sleek, more consistent and even more modifiable. For instance, you go "oh its Friday and install a new theme, it changes everything from the wallpaper, the icons, the notifications and bar and the lockscreen etc etc".

Some people complain saying its too "iPhoney" but they are wrong, theres so many customizability that its actually very different. Besides you can have MIUI and install another Launcher.

Its very hard to explain but pretty easy once you try it. MIUI is for all devices, but its more directed towards phones. There are many tablets with MIUI like Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Kindle Fire, SGTab, etc etc.
The Launcher does come with 4 x 4 grid (suitable for small phones) but you can change that to anything you like (eg/ 8 x 16), that's what I mean about versatile!

If there isn't one for your tablet then you must wait for it, but it might not take too long since the project is now Open Source! Currently they've released the MIUI Apps, but not the actual build (Settings, Launcher, Homescreen, Widgets, Lockscreen -framework with background tasks are unreleased).

Otherwise you can load a CMod (or AOKP) and install the (clone) MIUI Launcher by Tencent, but its only 4x4 grid currently.

If there is already a stable MIUI build for your device, I recommend using it, its worth the risk.

How I rate the different ROMs:
1) Motorola Blur (2.3.3) = 60
2) HTC Sense (2.3.7) = 65
3) SONY TimeScape (2.3.4) = 70
4) Dell StageUI (discontinued)
5) Samsung TouchWizz (2.3.6) = 75
6) VillianMod-TouchWizz (2.3.6) = 77
7) Pure Google (2.3.7) = 80
8) AOKP (2.3.7) = 84
9) CM7.2 (2.3.7) = 86
10) MIUI (2.3.7) = 89
-Hypothetical iOS 5.1 = 80
-Hypothetical Maemo 5.12 = 90

...I'll update the score once we get ICS versions for most of those builds.

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-04-02 at 07:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Hey Bun did you get any reply by steev about the custom Rom?
I've heard you need to follow the development (for kernel) of the Polaroid tabs since they have the same SoC (The AllWinner A10 -its the best low-end soc I know).

Download the new build (314) from Hyundai's website it fixes most annoying bugs (and illegally includes Google Play) just make sure you re-format and clear cache before you flash it. I'd also recommend installing: r00t and busybox, Titanium Backup, ROM Manager, Apex Launcher, Amazon AppStore. Ultimately you're getting a (closed source) rusty ICS on sub-par hardware--but it isn't that bad, especially now that you can purchase them for only $79!!!

Here's the section you need to keep an eye on:
http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=196
And this:
http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/...hp?f=198&t=533
Here's the best Custom Rom I found for you:
http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/...hp?f=135&t=439

Sorry but there's currently no AOSP ROMs for the Hyundai A7, so you cannot get customAOSP, AOKP, CM7+ or MIUI ROMs. This device deserves some love from a talented developer

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-04-02 at 08:34.

Tags
android, chineseknockoff