Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Well, either my evangelist credentials are good enough or the lack of progress on my e-book-browser plugin project wasn't discouraging.

Whichever it is, I got my developer device code fifteen minutes ago, entitling me to purchase an N800 at a steep discount. Hooray!
Read the full article.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Yes, I did cross-post this info. But putting it in the blog means others see it at the Planet Maemo aggregator.

Roger

Have you actually been able to use your US code to order the N800? My US code hasn't worked so far, and I haven't seen any reports of anyone here being able to order it. (No one in the EU has had any trouble, of course.)

Well, given that the reason the U.S. codes went out late is because the system in the U.S. wasn't set up to handle them yet, it doesn't seem surprising.

In my case, I didn't get to the online store before reading about the issues. I'll try later tonight.

Roger

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
The codes work now!

Yes indeed, the code worked now. This morning the order would not go through and I was getting charged $29 tax too. (I live in CA) This afternoon everything went smoothly _and_ no tax for a grand total of $125. (well, there's a disclaimer saying I might get charged tax later in case they messed up)