I think 3.5.34 it not even beta and supports N9 mostly.

I think 3.6 is now in betalabs, bot sure if this have anything extra for N9 or not...

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
well, ok... *never used it for contacts/files/etc sync anyway :-D*

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Is it possible to get the email contacts server search working with Hotmail with MeMailSettings?

The Following User Says Thank You to rajveer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ SF Bay Area
Hi, i'm trying to sync with MS Exchange 2010 (protocol version 14.2) server but have a problem - it is failing with "Mandatory Mail for Exchange server policy failed. Access refused." error message.

We have ActiveSync security policy which had a requirement "Desktop sync (via cable) not allowed".

From my previous android experience, it was a capability that many clients don't have. Is it possible to use MfE on n9 in my case? Maybe there is a hack or hidden knob to accept all required policies? ) For me this requirement is very vague, because iOS devices are working perfectly and you still able to sync them with iTunes.

Thank you,
Yury.

Last edited by shefys; 2012-10-31 at 19:16.

Hi guys,

My company migrated from Exchange Server 2007 to 2010 last weekend.

Since then, My N9 (1.3) kept giving "error occurred" messages without being able to sync. So I decided to delete my mail account on the N9 and re configure it.

Now, I am unable to do so and all I get is "invalid host address for mail for exchange server." It is the same server address I used in my last config and I confirmed it with the IT Dept today.

It may be an issue with the way my IT configured the exchange server. If so, maybe someone can point me in the right direction for them.

Thanks.

Last edited by bajid; 2012-11-05 at 19:33. Reason: Addition

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
bajid,

Read the last few pages and you will see you need to download MeMailSettings from the store to force EAS protocol on your device... Currently For hotmail its 2.5, for your case it may be 14.1... Try them out...

I have the same problem as bajid.

Problem is that I cannot store my Exchange account and then it's not possible to change anything via MeMailSettings app.

What to do?

Exchange 2010 here as well.

Been thinking lately to finally upgrade from n900 to N9. I could never get mail app on the n900 to retain messages offline for IMAP accounts. Has this been addressed on the N9?

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ german (cologne)
N9
I have found when I configure mail for exchange with the MySettings the idle goes up to idle 60mA!

and the shoots syncronize the contacts I have now made ​​the old setting again, let's see whether the power consumption is going down again. Luckily I had saved all contacts with Qtweak!! thank codeRus.,,.

But why is that, I was glad that I was able to use Mail for Exchange,.., ****

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
At first, here is a small post about Hotmail and HTML messages.

Originally Posted by bajid View Post
Now, I am unable to do so and all I get is "invalid host address for mail for exchange server." It is the same server address I used in my last config and I confirmed it with the IT Dept today
Can you send me the activesync logs? (feel free to use memailsettings support email, if you don't want to attach it here on the forum, because they might contain some private info like your email address) If you are going to attach it here on the forum, make sure that you removed all your private info from these logs.

Originally Posted by warypopp View Post
N9
I have found when I configure mail for exchange with the MySettings the idle goes up to idle 60mA!
Probably, idle goes up because you enabled 'fetch full mime' (that setting means that you'll download more info in comparison to the 'plain text' mode).

Originally Posted by rajveer View Post
Is it possible to get the email contacts server search working with Hotmail with MeMailSettings?
Good question. Probably, it might work with 'Force EAS protocol version' set to 14.1, but:
1) I can't guarantee that this forcing will not break your exchange account.
2) I can't guarantee that it will work with Hotmail.

Originally Posted by shefys View Post
From my previous android experience, it was a capability that many clients don't have. Is it possible to use MfE on n9 in my case? Maybe there is a hack or hidden knob to accept all required policies? ) For me this requirement is very vague, because iOS devices are working perfectly and you still able to sync them with iTunes.
Unfortunately (I don't think that it is bad, but anyway...), as far as I remember there is no way to by-pass these policies, so you can't accept all security policies (for me it looks pretty logically, because it is a security policies ). So, sorry, nothing to do here. Try to convince your IT guys that this policy is useless, maybe they will turn it off (I don't think that they will, but it always worth to try )

P.S. yeah, I know I left you all for some time, but believe me, I'm still here

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2012-12-10 at 19:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950