Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
public key ...
We should try to keep this thread on topic, but only to ensure you got me right, I quoted your "door lock codes" paragraph.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I have N950 and the latest wk39 update. I often get with Google chat account an error message "Incorrect password". If I click it to get again online it works. Seems kinda 50/50 chance it works.

In syslog I get when the error comes:

Code:
Oct 25 12:42:44 (2011) telepathy-gabble[11517]: GLIB DEBUG tp-glib - started version 0.12.6 (telepathy-glib version 0.14.9)
Oct 25 12:42:45 (2011) telepathy-sasl-signon[4672]: GLIB DEBUG default - sasl_channel_handler_handle_channels: 
Oct 25 12:42:45 (2011) telepathy-sasl-signon[4672]: GLIB DEBUG default - account_storage_get_all_properties_cb: using credential id 8
Oct 25 12:42:45 (2011) telepathy-sasl-signon[4672]: GLIB DEBUG default - sasl_channel_handler_handle_channel: 
Oct 25 12:42:45 (2011) telepathy-sasl-signon[4672]: GLIB DEBUG default - sasl_channel_handler_handle_channel: ClientLogin
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 53 Private : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 745 GooglePlugin : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 758 type : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 764 mechanisms : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 785 process : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 764 mechanisms : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 486 clientLogin : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 195 sendRequest : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 198 sendRequest :  requestUrl:  "/ClientLogin"
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 209 sendRequest :  fullUrl:  "https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin"
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) icd2 0.201.2+0m6[1204]: Duplicate filter: Do not add filter for app :1.4938
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: QNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was called more than once
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 720 slotError : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 721 slotError :  Error:  99
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 623 replyFinished : 
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) signonpluginprocess: ../../src/googleplugin.cpp 633 replyFinished :  http_error: 99   "Proxy server not found"
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) telepathy-sasl-signon[4672]: GLIB DEBUG default - signon_process_cb: method: google
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) telepathy-sasl-signon[4672]: GLIB WARNING ** default - signon_process_cb: (signon-errors #1 Proxy server not found): failed
Oct 25 12:42:46 (2011) telepathy-sasl-signon[4672]: GLIB DEBUG default - status_changed: status: 6 reason: org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.AuthenticationFailed
Oct 25 12:42:51 (2011) telepathy-gabble[11517]: GLIB DEBUG tp-glib - no connections, and timed out
Oct 25 12:42:51 (2011) telepathy-gabble[11517]: GLIB MESSAGE tp-glib - Exiting
I used to have gTalk added with mc-tool prior to this update, but I removed it as gTalk integration was in this update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I have N950 and the latest wk39 update. I often get with Google chat account an error message "Incorrect password". If I click it to get again online it works. Seems kinda 50/50 chance it works.
I'm seeing the exact same thing on my N9. Though for me it is failing 2 out of every 3 times.

The Following User Says Thank You to SteveYoungs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by abustany View Post
So, I checked what the status for the bug you mentioned, it seems to be because some services like MFE or Facebook don't allow sharing the contacts to third parties (yes, you don't have the right to share *your* contacts with yourself, that's smart). So I guess that for this reason the bluetooth daemon filters on "local" contacts only, I still don't understand why that would exclude contacts synced from bluetooth (which as far as I know are seen as local contacts)...
Anyway, it seems that the issue is being worked on, I can't promise anything regarding a fix since there is no solution yet, and it's not my team. Furthermore, I'm not totally sure what my NDA allows me to tell

About the ecosystem, you'll surely never reach the level of iOS or Android, I'm personally in this category of users that don't need millions of apps, but I can understand it's a blocker for some people.
Hi Abustany, thanks for all the insights you are giving here, highly appreciated!

I have also an issue with syncing my contacts with my carkit as described here:
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Here we go again:
Problems with accessing phonebook from carkit via Bluetooth PBAP-profile...

N900 didnīt support PBAP-profile out of the box, but some genius minds solved the issue by providing updated obex files as described here and here wiki.

N9 seems to be capable of PBAP, but when I connect to my carkit contacts are not transferred correctly...
Just a few, seemingly random, contacts are transferred and even those are a mess...For some contacts no number is shown at all, for some contacts the very same number is shown twice or even three times!

Maybe its again this issue with the missing CRLF separation between vCards as described here?

Can someone confirm or is it only me with this problem?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated, I assume not only by me as this is a very useful (and must have!) feature for many users!
I never synced my contacts via MfE, but transferred all of them via BT from MS Outlook. So, the mentioned filtering of MfE contacts does not apply here.
For testing I also created a new contact on my N9, but this one does also not appear in my carkit.

Any ideas how I can resolve/debug this?
Maybe you can point the team working on this to the threads/wiki linked above as they describe how the issue was solved on N900!?

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
I do develop in scratchbox, and rely mostly on the test suite to check that I didn't break anything.
Thanks - I am using scratchbox too. Can you share your /etc/apt/sources.list or suggest what apt repos to use, since with squeeze's sources.list I don't have the latest dependencies necessary to build qtcontacts-tracker:

Code:
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: libqtm-contacts-dev (>= 1.2.1+201) libcubi-0.1-dev (>= 0.1.14) libcubi-0.1-tracker-0.10-ontologies-dev (>= 0.1.3)
(Sorry if this is a stupid question)

Ione possible hack (just thinking out loud, untested) would be to just change the soname so that it gets scanned *before* the normal libqtcontacts-tracker.so (name it libaaaaa.so). The second "tracker" contact manager should then be ignored.
Nice tip -- thanks.

I
Future version will have an automerge button that will partially solve that issue, it however stays quite conservative in finding merge candidates. Having a third party merge application would be a good idea too (one that would do interactive merge, vs. unattended for contacts app). You might want to look at the libqtcontacts-extensions-tracker lib then, which has a merge request function ("merge" is not a stock qt-mobility operation).
Great - Do you know if "future" is soon? Otherwise I will look into the "third-party" merge option because I have tons of dupes now . I am getting inspiration from http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/b...ts-merger.git/ and wondering if I can just hack the tracker database from python for something really quick and dirty.

Hi!

I'm very happy with the N9, used it for some weeks now, and _for me_ it's clearly the best phone ever. Really.

But of course I have a question or two, and a bug that is not really your problem - but I think you are the closest one to know anything.

First, is it possible to hide my Skype-contacts from the Contact-application (and Phone application). So that I have to use the Skype-application to see them? That would have been nice... I hoped I would achieve that by disabling my Skype-account, but then I couldn't use the Skype application either...

The second thing is that the call log doesn't show when the same number call me several times in a row, it just shows the last one...

Third, and probably not your table... I don't even know really how to explain. In Norway we have some method for authenticating to our banks using the phone. It's somehow in the SIM-access profile. I enter my birthdate and phonenumber in the bank, and then a message on my phone pops up, saying that this and this bank wants to authenticate me. I then press "Accept", and I get a new windows where I can enter a code. When I have done this, the authentication in the bank completes.

With the N9, I usually just get the first message. When I press "Accept", nothing more happens. A few times I have gotten the windows to enter code, but it doesn't complete.

How should I file a proper bug about this?

Regards,
Stian

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by SteveYoungs View Post
I'm seeing the exact same thing on my N9. Though for me it is failing 2 out of every 3 times.
Hmm, I have no idea why this might happen but I'll check tomorrow with competent persons if this is a known issue.

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Hi Abustany, thanks for all the insights you are giving here, highly appreciated!

I have also an issue with syncing my contacts with my carkit as described here:

I never synced my contacts via MfE, but transferred all of them via BT from MS Outlook. So, the mentioned filtering of MfE contacts does not apply here.
For testing I also created a new contact on my N9, but this one does also not appear in my carkit.

Any ideas how I can resolve/debug this?
Maybe you can point the team working on this to the threads/wiki linked above as they describe how the issue was solved on N900!?
I'll check with the sync team on monday, since this component is completely outside my scope

The Following User Says Thank You to abustany For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mdengler View Post
Thanks - I am using scratchbox too. Can you share your /etc/apt/sources.list or suggest what apt repos to use, since with squeeze's sources.list I don't have the latest dependencies necessary to build qtcontacts-tracker:

Code:
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: libqtm-contacts-dev (>= 1.2.1+201) libcubi-0.1-dev (>= 0.1.14) libcubi-0.1-tracker-0.10-ontologies-dev (>= 0.1.3)
(Sorry if this is a stupid question)
Hmm I can't really share my SB sources since mines are internal. Are you sure it's not just the versions which are too old? If it's the case, just checkout a previous tag Note that all those components are opensource, so you could also recompile them, but the security framework will probably prevent you to replace system packages.

Originally Posted by mdengler View Post
Great - Do you know if "future" is soon? Otherwise I will look into the "third-party" merge option because I have tons of dupes now . I am getting inspiration from http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/b...ts-merger.git/ and wondering if I can just hack the tracker database from python for something really quick and dirty.
Hmm I wonder how you can have tons of dupes, did you make sure you don't use ovi contacts? The best answer is "don't use it at all", the minimum is to avoid having it enabled on two devices at the same time (that's a recipe for disaster).

Tracker does have a DBus API, you need the TrackerReadAccess and TrackerWriteAccess aegis tokens to access it, that should work from python. Else not sure if pyside allows you to access qsparql, it certainly allows you to access qt-mobility (would be the safest way to ensure you don't break your address book).

I think Nokia announced that the next update will be delivered in 4th quarter, you should get your merging button then.

Originally Posted by sjordet View Post
Hi!

I'm very happy with the N9, used it for some weeks now, and _for me_ it's clearly the best phone ever. Really.

But of course I have a question or two, and a bug that is not really your problem - but I think you are the closest one to know anything.

First, is it possible to hide my Skype-contacts from the Contact-application (and Phone application). So that I have to use the Skype-application to see them? That would have been nice... I hoped I would achieve that by disabling my Skype-account, but then I couldn't use the Skype application either...
Hi Stian!

First of all, there is no "skype" application. The skype button just launches the contacts application with the "skype" filter activated. The whole N9 contacts experience revolves around the fact that there's one and only one app to manage all your contacts, so that it's more consistent for the user. However, if you only want to see your "normal" contacts, you can go in the menu in contact view, select "Show" and click on "Address book".

The second thing is that the call log doesn't show when the same number call me several times in a row, it just shows the last one...
That's by design yes. Not sure if you can get more details (did you try "long press" on it?).

Third, and probably not your table... I don't even know really how to explain. In Norway we have some method for authenticating to our banks using the phone. It's somehow in the SIM-access profile. I enter my birthdate and phonenumber in the bank, and then a message on my phone pops up, saying that this and this bank wants to authenticate me. I then press "Accept", and I get a new windows where I can enter a code. When I have done this, the authentication in the bank completes.

With the N9, I usually just get the first message. When I press "Accept", nothing more happens. A few times I have gotten the windows to enter code, but it doesn't complete.

How should I file a proper bug about this?

Regards,
Stian
Hmm, that sounds like USSD stuff maybe going wrong. I have as you suspected strictly no idea about how that works, but I'll ping the appropriate persons on Monday. There might be a bugtracker on developer.nokia.com, but I'm not 100% sure...