Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Ok, done. If anyone has questions/suggestions please post them on https://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?tit...008_recordings

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Is it possible to get the list of most thanked ITt contributors?

There is another intersting statistic that throws some usernames: aflegg, Benson, bunanson, Bundyo, fanoush, fpp, GeneralAntilles, geneven, gnuite, handful, Hedgecore, Karel Jansens, Milhouse, penguinbait, qwerty12, TA-t3, Texrat (*) & zerojay.

Please join. Travel and accommodation expenses shouldn't be a problem in your case. Reggie is already confirmed in the schedule and presenting with Krisse in prime time.
Well, I'd love to come, but I'll have classes going on at that time, and can't know at present if skipping them for this would be feasible, so this year is not possible. Next year, though, is almost certainly possible...

An only condition for you would be to contribute to the program somehow: present something in a lightning session, facilitate a BoF or a workshop... Any ideas welcome (in the wiki page please). Not that you don't have things to say.
A couple topic thoughts that someone else might be able to pick up:
  • on-tablet development
  • multi-boot stuff
  • USB-OTG and BT stuff (maybe a meeting on the 20th for major fooling around interfacing all random hardware; a chance for people to show off what they've got working, ask questions about what they haven't quite got working, and maybe even bring new hardware in hopes of team-hacking a solution...)
    (I'm not sure this belongs at maemo summit at all; it's much more hardware than software... still sounds like a load of fun to me.)

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
I was going to try to come along, but the only thing I put together for the tablet is way too big to fit in my luggage.

On a side note: I request forgiveness for my recent silence: The Dallas buyers of my employer close the Phoenix IT department on July 31 and I've been looking for a job.

Dan (Thoughtfix)! I hope you can go!

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Thanks, Reggie. It'd be a stretch and I don't want to apply for a sponsorship that'd take away from a "legitimate" developer as I have been rather slacking in my contributions lately. I have a series of articles in the works, but it's more of the same - educating the readers about the cool stuff the "real developers" are doing.

Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
Thanks, Reggie. It'd be a stretch and I don't want to apply for a sponsorship that'd take away from a "legitimate" developer as I have been rather slacking in my contributions lately. I have a series of articles in the works, but it's more of the same - educating the readers about the cool stuff the "real developers" are doing.
Well, education rocks, too...

If you can make it, just apply; they can always turn you down or put your application off to the second round if you do apply, but they can't draft you if you don't apply.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
I've registered, I'd quite like to talk about DSP development, not sure many people would be interested to listen mind you

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Ah, btw, I have some "pro wannabe" Nikon D70 and some photographer/photoshoper skills so I can make kinda photoreview

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
No bun, i'm not humble. I only did some ports, nothing wrote myself.
Porting is a very interesting topic, and you'd be a huge contributor to any discussions of that. What are the problems porting stuff to the tablet? How do you work around the problems?

But Bundyo, you know so much about everything tablet-related. Your very presence would be a contribution.

I, for one, would love to see Gnuite talk about Maemo Mapper, Serge talk about maemo mplayer, penguinbait discuss KDE... wow that would rock...

If only Nokia wasn't so darned European. Berlin is pretty much the other side of the world for me.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I did in fact decide to go, but still unsure on the details so i'm still not registering.

If only Nokia wasn't so darned European. Berlin is pretty much the other side of the world for me.
My problem is the opposite - i live quite close to Berlin (about 2000km), but we have no direct cheap flights to there. So i have to choose - direct flight for 300 EUR (compared to London - Berlin for 30 EUR ) or cheap flight (60 EUR) to Dortmund and then 500 km by train (another 60 EUR). Sometimes its so difficult to not hate my country.

Tags
maemo.org