I use JOE on my desktop for practically all editing, so for me keystrokes are no trouble, but I'm not sure why nano's would be easier to remember? I understand vi being harder, but JOE is also modeless, and has online help (displays in top ~7 lines without disruption to editing).
Oh, well, not to start editor flamewars, and any of them will edit text, so go with what ya know!

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I use JOE on my desktop for practically all editing, so for me keystrokes are no trouble, but I'm not sure why nano's would be easier to remember? I understand vi being harder, but JOE is also modeless, and has online help (displays in top ~7 lines without disruption to editing).
Oh, well, not to start editor flamewars, and any of them will edit text, so go with what ya know!
nano has its most common commands listed on the bottom two lines in a ncurses type interface. So for simple editing you don't have to remember ANY keystrokes at all. That makes it easier (for me anyway) But, as you said, everyone has their favorite, and if it gets the job done then that's the best for you!