Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
On N900 you can start searching by starting to type on homescreen. Is it possible to change this to search through device in apps, contacts, memo and calendar?
Not sure if that has ever been requested, but that sounds like a pretty neat idea/request.

The Following User Says Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
The outdated hardware on Neo900 is going to happen - But what will make it great is the optimisations and software build FOR the hardware and vise versa (similar to iOS/iPh).

Look at the Open Pandora - Same hardware, yet some of the software runs so much better on the single core OP then on my big *** quad core android phone.
Like PPSSPP, N64 PSX etc..

If OP adopted Maemo - Awesome! Would be better than LXDE IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Would it help making the visuals in maemo lower resolution? Will device get faster by doing that?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
No, but I have never been able to leave mine because of what you describe. I look at other OSs and after a little bit of fiddling you can just feel the limitations, like subtle force fields all around you, impinging on your ability to do stuff. Any stuff, how you want to do it.
Even though I still have never (ever!) touched an iOS or Windows (Mobile or Phone) device and only have barely used my wife's S3 mini (Android 4.1?) I have always had that feeling (that "this is still a feature phone" feeling), and I thank you for explaining that feeling so brilliantly.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: