Notices

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
i tried meerun on jolla since sailfish doesn't support sports tracker (no hrm, no maps). i got badly burnt: after a 12km hiking i stopped the tracking and when i was about to name the tracking the application crashed. i restarted it to see whether it had been already saved. no. so i googled andcame here, just to find out that by restarting the application i had deleted the temp file. my whole repertoaire of swear words would come in handy here, but i would have to give myself an infraction for it. still considering it.

suggesting auto-save implementation or at least keeping the temp files just a bit longer than until the next time you run the application.

Last edited by edgar2; 2014-07-02 at 17:23.

I get some sort of hanging on Sailfish, essentially anything over al hour means that MeeRun will take a while to refresh/allow me to stop the training/etc..

With patience, you end up stopping and saving successfully, and I'm not sure what it is as I can't really debug after exercising for over an hour ;-)

It's unclear which heart rate monitoring devices work with Meerun on Sailfish OS.

Author says on https://openrepos.net/content/bwalte...orts-tracker-0:

To be able to monitor your heart rate, you will need a Bluetooth (non-smart) device (Zephy HxM BT, Polar Wearlink+, ...). Sports Tracker devices have been reported to work but are not officially supported

What about these:

Runtastic?

Polar H6 Bluetooth Smart?

See also https://together.jolla.com/question/...ports-tracker/

PS I was hoping to find some information on http://www.meerun.com/ but that does not seem to be set up yet.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by rolfok View Post
It's unclear which heart rate monitoring devices work with Meerun on Sailfish OS.
[...]
What about these:

Runtastic?

Polar H6 Bluetooth Smart?
[...]
For now bluetooth LE (aka Bluetoothsmart) devices are not supported by Sailfish OS. The Jolla is hardware compliant though, so we can hope a future update that make possible using these devices.
I've bought a H7 HRM, and I can confirm it is not recognized yet.

Has anyone managed to make headphones work? I need an easy way to start/stop/pause, but could not manage to make it work so far.
I've tried all my earphones, Sennheiser, iPhone, chinese generic, a pair of Samsung from my Omnia 7.
No one is being detected.
Thanks.

bwalter, will we receive an update for N9 with some of the new features incorporated in CascaRun?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post:
Hi!

Jolla's update 10 has just been released and I've installed it.
I've noticed that meerun is only crashing since.
After a google search, it seems to be like that since opt-in update.

Is there any plan on update of the sailfish version, or should I try the android version (which would be a downgrade for me, but I can imagine some reasons the developper has to move to that OS)?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joearchi For This Useful Post:
FWIW, someone in IRC pointed this out to me: https://openrepos.net/comment/5275#comment-5275

EDIT: https://openrepos.net/comment/5303#comment-5303
I can't see the rpm just yet, but I'm sure it'll be there eventually. Thanks, bwalter!

Last edited by ggabriel; 2014-12-23 at 13:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Yes, some updates has been uploaded yesterday, with some changes. The app seems to be better than before. French translation is back, UI has been modified, during installation, there is some bluetooth library that has been installed, I will try my HRM when I will be back at home.

Installation is pretty slow though, but I suppose it is maybe due to warehouse app, that has not been updated since Update 10.

Anyway, meerun is working back, thanks Bwalter, keep up the good work!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joearchi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
...by restarting the application i had deleted the temp file...

suggesting auto-save implementation or at least keeping the temp files just a bit longer than until the next time you run the application.
The Harmattan version of MeeRun did the same, I lost workouts due to this behaviour. See here my former post and a workaround for N9. For sure a similar hack can also be done on the Jolla version but a temporary fix in the code would be most welcome.