Active Topics

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I have been thinking of this for quite a while as I wanted to do it with my pandora (preorder status still ).

Back in the day (6-8 years ago) I used to fiddle and play..

Wonder if the N900 can?
Can the Wifi on N900 inject packets? (is this necessary?)

I am and only will be testing on MY OWN network, as I have no other networks around, either. Which is good.

I've googled up and found a program called 'backtrack' but this may only be on X86..?

ARM technology is new to me. Sorry if this has been asked before or answered somewhere else.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Haven't messed a lot with it, but I'm pretty sure Aircrack will do the job for you.
EDIT:
There's even a YouTube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zoxx2hnIK0

The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:
Not sure if N900 can do it but i'm not sure why there are certain programs in the N900 repository that seem like they can crack WEP. Programs such as Aircrack-ng is very questionable because in the description field it states that it can discovery, monitor, and inject packets. I never used this on the N900 but have used commands like aircrack-ng, airodump and some others (which ill let you discover on your own) through backtrack. BTW I like the GUI on backtrack and the dragon image is cool.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I may have just fallen in love with the N900 again!
It was loosing it's flavor recently

Thank You!

Edit: Is backtrack available for N900?
It is just a CLI/Konsole based programs, isn't it? I'm confused about that one due to neopwn website and others....

2nd Edit: Answered my own question - Posting this for anyone else who may not know.
Backtrack is not for cracking networks, it's a GUI with a selection of tools for the above job's..
Excellent to know. BackTrack guide

Pointless: But I wonder if we can get Backtrack for Easy Debian!

Last edited by kingoddball; 2010-05-04 at 06:45.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
Aircrack will work for discovering networks, passively sniffing traffic and cracking the keys, however I highly doubt packet injection will work.
It seems to me it is not supported by the wlan drivers.

So this leads to:
- WEP will be somewhat easy to crack, as you only need enough traffic over time
- WPA/WPA2 will need packet injection to function or a long time of discovery (you need to capture the 4-way handshake, that's spread across channels. It will only happen if a client is disconnected and reconnects or connects for the first time. That's the thing you archive through injecting disconnection packets).

Regarding WEP it would be theoretically more efficient to use your N900 as a capturing node and decrypt the packets on your desktop computer. Afaik there is the possibility to use GPU acceleration, which will boost the whole thing a lot.

Keep in mind: Only mess with the network you own

The Following User Says Thank You to Renkon For This Useful Post:
installed cleven
when scan
error- interface not correct......edit in menu option.......
what to do? tested in home network...

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ alor star
@lagendracer

you have to enable the injection then set the interface to monitor mode, then you can scan for available networks.. maybe you should go to cleven own thread for the detail.