Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Well, as the title says, this is a headphones thread. I just want to know what kind of headphones fit you perfect, how much do you appreciate sound quality and and how much money would you spend on a pair.

Here are the headphones types:

1.Standard earplugs, the most common headphones you can get.

2.In-Ear headphones, small and powerful

3.Over the ear headphones, just like #no.1 but with extra support

4.Slim/Small over-the-head headphones, where the driver only covers partially your ear

5.Large over-the-head headphones, where the driver covers your whole ear

Let's see what you choose, and what you use! But hey, don't forget to tell us why!

P.S. Images were hot-linked from Google (first results while searching types of headphones), so don't you even try to argue over the companies shown in those pictures.

Last edited by TheoX; 2013-07-21 at 22:35.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
I guess I use 4.

AKG K450

Size doesn't matter! Trust me, when testing many headphones on a local shop, these were the ones that most surprised me.

So small yet so powerful, they are driven very easily with my N900 and I can put it to really loud volumes (though that's not healthy!).

They're a bit on the bass-medium range, so trebles aren't as crisp as they should be, therefore giving a "congested" sound feeling. Honestly, I'm ok with it. This is no audiophile studio headphone!

The bass they pack is, in my opinion, much much better than the beats pro (using it as example since I actually tried those), because they're punchy and not loose and "fat", which is what I felt when listening to these beats. Also, they're nowhere as muddy as the beats either.

The problem is that you have to place them correctly since it's on ear and they're small, else you'll miss big part of the sound spectrum (most notably the bass).

It also isn't very comfortable for long sessions (though they're fine for an hour or so).

Here's how silly they look on people: http://a2.img.mobypicture.com/0eaa5c...10e42_view.jpg (not me, google result)

On cities and other loud places the whole "congested" feeling quickly disappears as the bass doesn't feel a little bit overpowering anymore and the mids tone down a little too.

They don't leak much sound either, for the type of headphone that it is.

And there you go, my personal opinion.

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

Last edited by RiD; 2013-07-22 at 00:04.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
JVC HA-RX900's-

http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028321

Jlab J4's-

http://www.jlabaudio.com/Products/Earbuds/JBuds-J4/279#

I really like my jbuds. They sound great, and are fairly well build for the price. Great all around headphones when your out and about, or don't want the bulk of over the ears.

I've tried alot of bud style headphones over the years, and finally settled on the j4's. Really like the flat cables, and tension joints. They last on average twice as long as any other bud's iv'e tried.

The JVC over the ear headphones i linked, for the price are very good and comfortable at home headphones. Very durable, i got them at half their current retail about a year or so ago new, and they did not disappoint.

I can listen to them for hours, and not have to take them off because they're uncomfortable.

Most of the time though, i'm enjoying my ddx320 class d 2.1 setup. Well, at least i was until the sub channel shorted and fried the board.

Waiting on a dac, pre-amp with sub out, and 2 class d ampss, one mono car amp for my sony 160w sub, and a 4 channel board d class for my Acoustic Research 100w bookshelf's.

That ddx really was a badass digital amp. Sucks it got fried, but my new setup will give me a bit more breathing room if i want to upgrade sometime.

I'd say though, for the price, those two phones are some of the best I've bought. The jvc's for home use, and the jbuds for otg use. Can't go wrong there

Last edited by eleseur; 2013-07-22 at 01:02.

Originally Posted by eleseur View Post
Quoting you...
Please respect the thread and when starting your reply choose the category from 1 to 5.

Something like this:

I use/choose 2.

I use [and here you can say what you use: brand, model, etc.]

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
1. I tend to listen to music often in just one ear, so that I can still hear what's going on around me. The Backbeat headphones I have now have an additional little stabilizer loop to hold them in.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

Category 3(but not really over the ears)

I'm using THESE(monster iSport) since I've found out they are fits my lifestyle best and are very conformable. They are water proof and sweat proof so you can swim, jump, climate, fly, parachute, skiing and trolling with them. Simply superior to anything I've tried before. Only issue is that they, like many others don't work perfect with the n9 3.5 mm jack because NOKIA engineers/designers are ****ers. (yes, that's how disappointed I am about that)

Why not add a poll to the thread?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-22 at 07:36.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I had the 4th one in first post and somewhat similar to daves one but they are no more this thread made me sad personaly i use too many headphones for diffrent music

I personally use OTG the SONY MDR-ZX300 headphones so NUMBER 4.

They are just great, superb sound quality, lite, and very powerfull. Empowered by a 30 mm driver system that can take up to 1000 mW. Sensitivity 102 dB/mW and a freq range from 10 to 24000Hz. So they are just the right companion to carry around you when traveling.

For home use I have the Beats Audio Studio HD

They are just GODS when it's to sound output, but simply not comfortable enough to move around with them since they made of metal and they are extremely heavy. This headphones are NUMBER 5. They come with a built-in 2XAAA li-ion powered pre-amplifier, a frequency response from 1 - 32000 Hz and a 45 mm high power driver system. When putting those on with a SRS high-power soundcard it's just like you're caring subwoofers on your ears.

For home audio, I use some 8 high-power speaker system, a diy project that after 3 years it's simply shaking the whole building block, giving an measured output of 124 dB SPL.

In the 2 sides of the room I have 2 sound arrays consisting in:

2 X twitter system 60W RMS @ 8ohms
2 X med speaker system 90W RMS @ 6ohms

In the center of the room, down, I have the following:

2 X twitter system 60W RMS @ 8 ohms

In the middle of the room I have the subwoofer system:

1 X bass (20-320hz) @ 180W RMS @ 4 ohms

And in one of the corners of the room you will find:

1 X sub-bass system (4 - 20Hz) @ 600W RMS @ 4 ohms (Blaupunkt Velocity - 1200W)

They are all powered by 2 X 600 W SYNQ amps, the sound gets filtered by a SRS Yamaha high-power ASIO, a Blaupunkt crossover system and 2 analog mixers (first one and the most powerful is the one that have the Pioneer players hooked in, and the second one is for Projector system output vs. only audio from my laptops).

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
I had the 4th one in first post and somewhat similar to daves one but they are no more this thread made me sad personaly i use too many headphones for diffrent music
Nokia, don't be sad, how would you like this thread to sound like? I can always edit the OP.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Number 2
Sorry I forgot to tell why, I just like'em, in my ears for full sound quality, and more portable

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!