Active Topics

Notices

hahaa, nice update. Loved the keyboard fixes but, am just back to V. 11.
It never crash AFAIK unlike the V.12.

waiting for a more stable V.12 release.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Suddenly, today, opera 12 stops working properly. It crashes after loading a page (seems like the instant after the page load was completed). It does not crash 100% of the time but probably 90% of the time. Even on accepting license after deleting ~/.opera and everything...

I tried to uninstall and reinstall it, with the same results. Tried deleting ~/.opera, tried to sync with opera link, nothing matters... Tried changing settings about font size, fullscreen, etc. but crash still persists. All other applications on N900 seem to be working normally, and I haven't installed anything new since yesterday to cause this.

Anyone experienced this? I googled and found some reports on Android that sound exactly the same, from several months ago, supposedly fixed on that platform/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
same here

open opera, load a page... and then crashes

Same here, and for everyone I think.
Strange but useful fact: I wanted to see if opera was printing something on stderr when it crashes, so I launched it with xterm, and it seems I can't reproduce the crash when launching it that way, even if it always crash when using the icon.
So just type opera in xterm, and it doesn't seem to crash, I have absolutely no idea why.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
same problem started lately, possibly after upgrading libc6.
launching opera mob12 from xterm reduces the frequency of the error occurring but doesn't 'fix' it.

error when crashing: Segmentation fault

Last edited by schubi; 2012-11-10 at 00:48. Reason: further information gathered

I don't think it's related to the update of libc/other libs: I haven't updated anything for more than a week and it used to work perfectly 2 days ago.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
same here. it just started crashing upon loading last night but i have observed that opera12 actually crashes more than opera11. i also found that launching from xterm prevents the crash.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Same here, worked perfectly up through last night, constant crash opening any site now. I can also confirm crash seems to go away when opened from xterm.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sphinx780 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Really strange. At least we're not alone.

In my case I am using CSSU (not thumb) with kp51.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ jodhpur
opera 11 crashes after reboot.
help pls

Tags
fast browser, opera