Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
From the manual

"Nokia headset with music controls can also be used but the device does not support music controls"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Funny typo on page 71: The supported video file formats are: MP3, AAC, WMA, M4A,
AMR, AWB, and WAV.

One strange thing: looks like there is no "simple geotagging" mode where only GPS coordinates are written to image. You have to have Internet connection to retrieve "human readable" data. Don't like it on at least two levels...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vvaz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Installation files (.deb or .install) of applications you have installed. Transfer the installation files to a compatible computer
Well this is weird...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to locusf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
no handwriting recognition and no voice dialing...that is a big dissapointment!

anyone know whether on can change the size of the pictures of your contacts on the homescreens, they seem awfully big..
Voice dial no biggie for me, but they missed a big deal with the lack of handwriting recognition IMHO.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
This device uses Maemo 5 software on Linux.

This sentence gave me shivers. I know its nothing new, since the 770, n800, n810, Google Android etc all run on linux, but to see it in writing in a manual, on a device as open as the n900 by a major company like Nokia bodes well for the future of Linux and Open Source Software.
see mi

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...notebooks/Mini

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
One strange thing: looks like there is no "simple geotagging" mode where only GPS coordinates are written to image. You have to have Internet connection to retrieve "human readable" data. Don't like it on at least two levels...
What's that supposed to be? "Human readable" data is not geotagging.

It would make sense to fetch human readable data when you view a file (because then you'd have the information on all geotagged images, no matter who tagged them on what device), but... oh well.

Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
That raised my eyebrows too. I spend considerable time in locations with no WiFi and no cellular access, but I still need to photograph stuff and tag it with GPS coordinates (think geocaching, frex).

I'm guessing some hackery can fix this, but still....it seems like an obvious oversight.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hogwash For This Useful Post:
I noticed it is coming with same games. so the chess will still be impossible to beat.
(or maybe I just stink at chess)

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
That raised my eyebrows too. I spend considerable time in locations with no WiFi and no cellular access, but I still need to photograph stuff and tag it with GPS coordinates (think geocaching, frex).

I'm guessing some hackery can fix this, but still....it seems like an obvious oversight.
You do not need wifi or cellular access to geotag photos. And I'm not talking about text labels, but GPS coordinates. If the GPS is active and has a lock, it will geotag the image. If your GPS does not have a lock, it will guess about where you are using the cellular network if it's available.

Please everyone... stop making up problems and issues.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Please everyone... stop making up problems and issues.
Hold yer horses bub....we're quoting from the damn manual here!

P.62

"You need an internet connection to be able to add geotag
information to your files."

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hogwash For This Useful Post: