Notices

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
AND now for useless lust factor. Playstation emulator pcsx runs fine. Just needs libglade2-0 (apt-get install libglade2-0)

then dpkg -i pcsx-bin_1.699df-rc3-1_armel.deb

Course, to run any games it'll need psemu-video-x11-1.15 for graphics and the alsa plugin for sound.

The x11 plugin has Unmet build dependencies: libgtk1.2-dev | libgtk-dev xlibmesa-gl-dev | libgl-dev btw...

There are software gl emus floating around for gp2x, gizmondo etc, if someone wants to take a crack at it
Attached Files
File Type: deb pcsx-bin_1.699df-rc3-1_armel.deb (162.8 KB, 1833 views)

Last edited by ArnimS; 2007-08-15 at 10:35. Reason: smiley

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
i would love to load up ff7 on the n800. only problem would be the controls.
what we need is usb host mode with gamepad drivers. that would rule.
there is a bluetooth controller but its ugly and too expensive.

Arni's on a roll lately...first the SUper Mario Wars port and now this.
Downloading now to check out...

EDIT: So what's the command to run it after installing it? Nevermind, found it...

Last edited by iball; 2007-07-26 at 21:13.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
This was really just a tease. However there is some good news. The guy who wrote the psx emulator for gp2x might buy a N800 and port his emu to it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vuHJsPLo5ug
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_pYArK8Zb58

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ here and there
oh god... xenogears.....

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Just get a PSP.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Just get a PSP.
But, i spent all my money on a n800 besides, half the fun is getting it to work and showing off what all this thing can do.

This is neat. Already have a PSP running 3.40 OE-A firmware with good PS1 emulation, but this would be appreciated as well for reducing the number of devices I would have to drag around.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by iball View Post
This is neat. Already have a PSP running 3.40 OE-A firmware with good PS1 emulation, but this would be appreciated as well for reducing the number of devices I would have to drag around.
If you are expecting to get anywhere near the same emulation quality and speed on a device with nowhere near the performance on an emulator that was not created by Sony, you're just fooling yourself.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
If you are expecting to get anywhere near the same emulation quality and speed on a device with nowhere near the performance on an emulator that was not created by Sony, you're just fooling yourself.
why?
the gp2x this emu is running on is clocked at 266 mhz and 64mb of ram. so, in theory, the n800 should perform even better.