Active Topics

Thanks mate. Never did find the blue grid-icon in Panels, but I will keep looking. Maybe it was a hiccup. I've thot about installing Telescope but maybe I'm just being an old fart set in his ways, lol. For now I went back to trusty old Frediablo, but I'm excited to see Diablo5/OS2008 come thru. I wish I had patience to draw on the computer, I'd love to theme or just help.

Great stuff all, exciting theme, looking forward to breaking my old habits and living without minimize/hardware minimize, lol.

I didn't have time to read through the whole thread, but I ran into a strange issue where the theme completely disabled my application switcher key. I'm not sure why, but I'm positive the theme somehow interacted with something to cause it to stop working (I installed/uninstalled the theme several times, checking the hardware button before and after. Curiously, the hardware application switcher button didn't work even when the theme was not applied and simply installed.)

EDIT: on an N810, in case that makes a difference

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Can I just say that you should install telescope regardless of the theme you use.

It is such an improvement over the standard Diablo task switcher, that I'd be tempted to suggest that it be included in a future community SSU update. It is that good. thread is here.

It can be launched by hitting the hardware task switch button (top of the 2 button on the left edge of the N810, or the home button on the N800).

You can minimize all windows and return to the desktop, by clicking on the empty space around the windows.

Only 2 issues I have found with it currently, are that notifications are a little wayward, there is a post on how to add the notifier to the status bar, but I cannot find at the minute, but it works for me. Mauku occasionally crashed, which it never did before

Telescope will work with any theme. to get back on topic though, diablo5 works best with telescope installed. they are both great packages. Give them a good go.

there is an updated version of the theme due out, which looks to resolve most of the current bugs.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by UnKle View Post
Thanks mate. Never did find the blue grid-icon in Panels, but I will keep looking. Maybe it was a hiccup. I've thot about installing Telescope but maybe I'm just being an old fart set in his ways, lol. For now I went back to trusty old Frediablo, but I'm excited to see Diablo5/OS2008 come thru. I wish I had patience to draw on the computer, I'd love to theme or just help.

Great stuff all, exciting theme, looking forward to breaking my old habits and living without minimize/hardware minimize, lol.
To find the blue-grid icon in panels do this:
>System>Control Panel>Panels
Now scroll down until you see it. I think you can have six active icons before you have the blue-grid icon.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by elimoon8 View Post
I didn't have time to read through the whole thread, but I ran into a strange issue where the theme completely disabled my application switcher key. I'm not sure why, but I'm positive the theme somehow interacted with something to cause it to stop working (I installed/uninstalled the theme several times, checking the hardware button before and after. Curiously, the hardware application switcher button didn't work even when the theme was not applied and simply installed.)

EDIT: on an N810, in case that makes a difference
You need to install Telescope.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia

Update 21 of May 2010
Diablo 5 v.0.6
— cursor
— buttons
— comboboxes menus
— a lot of tiny small but very nice fixes.

8) Portrait-mode related bugs
Should work fine now. Actually it will be more comfortable in the next version... I do not want to share my idea before "right time"

6) Hyper-link colors
Screenshot please... I do not see any problems...

3) Cursor
Done.

2) Chat App
Can't find config file... Who knows where I can find it to set manually text color to "white" during installation.

Having said that...I THINK Kroll mentioned something about being able to enable Personal Menu as well in the status bar....
Look to the video description to learn how to move Personal Menu in the statusbar. (There is Personal Launcher on this video, but you don't have to care about it...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxpV2gt9V0c

Then why not make telescope a dependency of your theme?
Next version will include one feature... and when this "feature" will be done we will make dependency.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by UnKle View Post
This is a great theme, makes my n810 have new life again. I just installed & it looks brill!

Am curious as the fellow above me, if there's a way to 'minimize'? I like to have several things going at once. Haven't installed Telescope, still using good ol' Personal Menu and it's been good for me. But since Personal Menu's broken with the theme, as is the hardware minimize button... guess I'll have to install Telescope?
Check out this reply earlier in this thread

I haven't tried it yet, but.... good luck

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Check out this reply earlier in this thread

I haven't tried it yet, but.... good luck
It is a nice method, u can follow this instructions... if u want. the same instruction in #126 post.

Is this theme for N900 also?

Is it something that I can download?

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
It is a nice method, u can follow this instructions... if u want. the same instruction in #126 post.

Is this theme for N900 also?
No. But it makes Diablo looks like Fremantle

Is it something that I can download?
Yes. But install - No.