Notices

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i would like to know after taking a shot with fc camera,how to open it with ?i can only see that picture at my laptop rather than in n900 ?why is that so ?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Been using this with a few things and it's REALLY nice. I would love to see a version that impliments the server locally on the N900, even if it's slower. Being able to do this off-line would be great. Even if there are two packages (a client side and server side) that would be fine. You could have the server side change the settings for the client to point to it vs your server.

Donated... please keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by mhsueh View Post
Japa-fi,
Thank you for your patience. The beginning screen with just the close button is correct. If you can see the viewfinder being displayed, try using the camera shutter button to take a picture... but I feel maybe you aren't talking about this.
One thing I've learned is that in case of troubles, never assume.
I'm extremely embarassed to say: I was expecting to see more, and didn't even try the shutter button.

Now that I've been successful in using the translator, I can't get it to crash. Not that I'm bothered by this "issue" .

Again, could be a newbie issue: How can I switch to another task from mir-translator without closing the application?

Is there way to zoom the image to make the area selection more accurate for one to avoid including unwanted regions?

Is there a way to manually input misrecognized character instead of trying to get the OCR right for that character

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by japa-fi View Post
One thing I've learned is that in case of troubles, never assume. ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hrLj8QEAgI

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
This app is completely nonfunctional on my N900. I've tried it many times, and it has never produced even a poor translation of the input text. There's no error message - just the recognized characters corresponding to the input string, and an empty translation box. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Does it not work in North America (on T-Mobile)? There must be something wrong with my setup; is an error log saved anywhere in the event that translation fails completely?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by tushyd View Post
Really cool program! Thanks!

I know this is just personal, but It would be lovely to have hindi on here too.
Are we getting english to hindi in future??? we must need it pleeeeeeeeeas do it.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
This app is completely nonfunctional on my N900. I've tried it many times, and it has never produced even a poor translation of the input text. There's no error message - just the recognized characters corresponding to the input string, and an empty translation box. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Does it not work in North America (on T-Mobile)? There must be something wrong with my setup; is an error log saved anywhere in the event that translation fails completely?
By chance, do you have the source and destination languages set to the same thing? The app makes a call to Google translate for translation, which can ignore requests when this happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to mhsueh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
Are we getting english to hindi in future??? we must need it pleeeeeeeeeas do it.
Thanks!
Yes, I will add it! I was waiting for Hindi recognition (as opposed to the destination language) to be supported. It seems like it technically is, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Next update will likely include Hindi as a supported destination language .

The Following User Says Thank You to mhsueh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mhsueh View Post
By chance, do you have the source and destination languages set to the same thing? The app makes a call to Google translate for translation, which can ignore requests when this happens.
No, I'm trying to do English to French translations.

Fix the internet connection issue. Add the ability to minimize the screen. Ability to copy the text that was translated...then it's PERFECT!

Last edited by romanianusa; 2011-04-21 at 22:13.