Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
So it turns out shortly after I sent my last email berating him for not responding at all (woopsie), he did finally respond!
I've put our most recent correspondence into a PDF here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/303174/display%20issues.pdf
Well worth a read, long story short, he may actually start to analyse N9's screen issues soon.
I doubt he'll actually be able to help with fixing any of them, but he should be able to classify/explain many of them.

P.S.
I'm not chasing this up any more, so if anyone else wants to, shoot me a PM & I'll supply his Nokia addy (not his gmail) & name.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-12-14 at 02:38.

So i live in Finland, so its pretty cold now, like -10 to -20celcius.
so my screen stops compleatly working (well most of it. I can only see like 1cm of the screen) am i the only one? And is there a way to fix this? Thank you.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I'd say try to keep the phone warm and set brightness to max manually. It should also help keeping those leds warmer.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I will take the device to a Nokia care point next week and see what they have to say about it. I'd hate it if they'd come up with "this is normal on these displays". It's actually not acceptable on a €700-device.
Did you get a new one?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
So it turns out shortly after I sent my last email berating him for not responding at all (woopsie), he did finally respond!
I've put our most recent correspondence into a PDF here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/303174/display%20issues.pdf
Well worth a read, long story short, he may actually start to analyse N9's screen issues soon.
I doubt he'll actually be able to help with fixing any of them, but he should be able to classify/explain many of them.

P.S.
I'm not chasing this up any more, so if anyone else wants to, shoot me a PM & I'll supply his Nokia addy (not his gmail) & name.
I haven't chased him up since posting the above, I was only reminded of it by the necropost (above) in this thread, IIRC he hasn't gotten back to me since our last (seemingly positive) exchange.
If someone else wants to "give him a nudge", by all means PM me & I'll give you the contact details...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-03-12 at 20:16.