Language/s: Python/PyGtk
IDE: gvim
Project: Maemo Spykee
Progress: 45%
License: GPL
Distribution: extras
Purpose/goal of project: Control and view Spykee robot

can you please tell me if work is still in progress and if we can expect to get something ported on N900 please
(glad to see someone was working on a spykee project for maemo)

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Well, right now I am in the middle of finishing a project completely unrelated to Maemo or the N900. As soon as that is done, I want to start developing a couple of things that I had in my N95 and that I miss in my N900.

The first one is a little daemon to add support for the media controls (volume, pause/resume, etc...) in the remote that comes with the N95 wired headphones. The other one is an application that would let the user tell the N900 to carry out actions (starting Wifi, changing the profile, etc.) depending on the ID of the cell it is connected to. Something similar to this:

http://nokia-n95-software.epocware.c..._Profiles.html

So:

Language/s: C++
IDE: not yet decided (Eclipse hopefully)
Project: as described above.
Progress: 0%
License: GNU GPL
Distribution: Free
Purpose/goal of project: I had those in my N95 and I want them in my N900.

Greetings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
Language/s:
C++ w/ Qt
IDE:
QtCreator
Project:
A Flickr browser and some more sekret projects
Progress:
Basic UI for browsing is 90% done. Some optimization and cleaning up still needed to get it working well enough on device.
Distribution:
Extras?

The Following User Says Thank You to rkm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
-------
Language/s: English
IDE:
Project: WorldTV99
Progress: extra-testing
License: GNU GPL
Distribution: free
Purpose/goal of project: streaming media
-------

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-12-18 at 00:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Language/s: Python (pygame)
IDE: Spe/pygtk
Project: Sokoban game, fully made to fit n900
Progress: 1%
License:
Distribution: free
Purpose/goal of project: For fun and to learn more programming, and to play it myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to arono For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ leicester UK
I've been trying to go to https://garage.maemo.org/ and it won't load in my browser on my PC. I assume that this is because of the https at the beginning of the URL, are ordinary n900 users excluded from this site? Or is there a special way to enter the garage?

Thx

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I'd like to thank all of you guys for your hard work. My N900 is the bomb because of Maemo 5, but also for the apps that run within that ecosystem. Looking forward to seeing more complete projects, and hoping someone comes with a process, thread, and applcation manager similar to the Windows Task Manager or S60's JBak Taskman.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Language/s: C++
IDE: Qt Creator
Project: CuteMPC - MPD client for N900 (and Desktop Linux also)
Progress: Basic stuff works fine, Last.fm scrobbling under construction, some random bugs
Distribution: Free
Purpose/goal of project: To familiarize myself with Maemo programming and also develop something useful (at least for me) at the same time.

Last edited by TNiga; 2010-03-10 at 06:41.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
Hey guys I'm trying to read through all of this stuff and it's seriously like I'm reading another language. All of these apps are weird letters, symbols, names, that no regular end user would ever understand what they are downloading. Or if someone like me was looking for a certain kind of App, I either have to know what the name in the Linux language is or post a thread or search threads.

Seriously, Nokia released this phone and Maemo 5 saying this time it is user-friendly where everyone can have a great time with the phone. Instead, I think they released it to have a bunch of testers go at it for about a years worth of time before it ever becomes "Awesome User-Friendly" like the (should I dare say "I-Phone) and believe me I'm not a fan of the i-Phone at all!

Names like Pidgin, Haiuku, eCoach, liqtorch, liqview, whatever you wanna call them...Why can't we use normal names that give a hint as to what we are downloading?!

I have such high hopes for this phone and Maemo 5 but I have a feeling Android and Apple are gonna pound even harder while all of us Linux and Maemo freaks are sitting here speaking a language of symbols, letters, codecs, whatever.

Oh well...I still love my N900 but I'm starting to get really bored of it and getting really tired of this Ovi Store for Maemo in the "Coming Soon" headlines forever!

Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
Hey guys I'm trying to read through all of this stuff and it's seriously like I'm reading another language. All of these apps are weird letters, symbols, names, that no regular end user would ever understand what they are downloading.
Ye but you know this is a developer thread right? That's why people aren't very pedagogic in this thread.

But yes some program names are pretty hard to understand, but you could always browse the download section here by category and get a description for each program. Pretty much like any other platform I would say.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arono For This Useful Post:

Tags
apps, development