Notices

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aanckar View Post
I've read somewhere on these forums that all the routing is done on Nokias servers, which is why an internet connection is required when searching.
I think that if you choose two position from map by clicking and click view route button it should route you without connection. So something to do with location name and itīs coordinates.

the information is stored in the downloaded maps. if it can route it can search

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
are u saying everything is written in javascript :O thougt the code was closed with all the whinnings everywhere about ovimaps...

but now I get why ovimaps it dogslow on startup...

So, would it be possible to tweak the code to auto-reroute when the current location veers too far away from the calculated route?

Thanks for the awesome work. Could you provide a version of the html file that has only the "maneuvers" mod? Asking because the js code in the stock index.html are concatenated in a line and it's hard to diff the two files.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Thanks for the awesome work. Could you provide a version of the html file that has only the "maneuvers" mod? Asking because the js code in the stock index.html are concatenated in a line and it's hard to diff the two files.
This is it without the 3D tilt and rotation
Attached Files
File Type: zip index - Working Manuvours.zip (215.9 KB, 352 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by altarMeego View Post
So, would it be possible to tweak the code to auto-reroute when the current location veers too far away from the calculated route?
I really want to do this feature, since it shouldn't be too hard (I hope). Will try look into it

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
yes man having an offline maps search would be just awesome, and by the way here is another idea, can you make the places show up on the maps all the time, kind of like ovi maps on e-series .
Never used an e-series, so not sure what you mean by the places. Could you post a picture or something

Also for the offline searching, I have been looking for some time to get it to work, but haven't found anything of use. I will look into the findplaces.js file manavs suggested

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sethkha View Post
is it possible to turn of the need for web access when searching?
I want to know that too
Is it possible???

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
Never used an e-series, so not sure what you mean by the places. Could you post a picture or something

Also for the offline searching, I have been looking for some time to get it to work, but haven't found anything of use. I will look into the findplaces.js file manavs suggested
here man do you see how train stations, restaurants, cinemas,.... are showed on the maps all the time
with this we already have offline search .

Last edited by elie-7; 2010-12-15 at 13:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post: