Active Topics

Hello

I will sell my n900, but i do not know if the phone have a simlock.
How can i test it? I do not have another simcard to test.

Hope you can help! Thank you.

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
test with a friend/neighbor?
anyway N900 doesn't have a menu to set a SIM lock, so no, it is not SIM-locked

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
My friends are in the same phone network.

I do not mean a "simcard" lock - i mean a "network lock" -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_lock

Hope i can test it without a other network sim.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Buy a prepaid SIM from a different network for 99¢ and throw it away afterwards.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Operator lock - there is menu for that on N900, which needs a code. How many N900 were operator locked? I guess very few, if any.
Name:  screenshot00.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  19.8 KB

It's more probable that your device is not network locked.

EDIT: yes, do what pichlo says (I took long editing the post and didn't realize he had posted by then)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
In Poland most of n9/n900 are Orange locked. Much less(but still plenty of them). I only spotted few Plus-locked(but in Plus you could grt unlock-code for free on the end of contract, and latet they usuallprovided unlocked phones)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by badpixel View Post
In Poland most of n9/n900 are Orange locked. Much less(but still plenty of them). I only spotted few Plus-locked(but in Plus you could grt unlock-code for free on the end of contract, and latet they usuallprovided unlocked phones)
Oh wow! Thanks. Had no idea at all.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Interesting. Not sure about now, as I have not looked into that for at least 15 years, but at least in the past only prepaid phones were sold in the UK with any kind of lock. The reasoning was that a contract customer pays monthly anyway, whether he uses the network or not. If he wants to throw away the money use a different SIM, so be it.

Hello sicelo,

where i can find this menu? You cannot buy anonymous a simcard for 99ct in germany, thats the problem.
If i get one for free, i must registrate myself, which is probably a problem if i want later realy a sim from this telco for myself.

EDIT:
Found the menu and do not have any options for an operator lock!