Active Topics

Notices

Hi!

I just wanted to share with you my optimum N9 video encoding settings for XMedia Recode!

Just download the template in the attachment and load it into XMedia Recode. The only thing you have to modify is the target resolution. For best viewing experience I recommend 854x480 pixels. For fastest encoding speed I recommend a frame size divisible by 32, like 800x448 pixels.

I got the best results using the constant quality setting (one pass). For medium quality I would recommend to use quality = 20 with a maximum bitrate of 2000. You'll get a better quality video using quality = 15 and a maximum bitrate of 3000. For ultimate video quality I recommend quality = 15 and a maximum bitrate of 5000. All settings were tested by encoding the well known demo "killa sampla", which includes a very complex high motion scene. All video files played perfectly on my pr1.3 N9 without overclocking.

Check it out and let me know if it works for you also!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nokia_N9_Encoding_Settings.zip (920 Bytes, 241 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meegofan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
where to put this file?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by MarcAnton View Post
where to put this file?
Open XMedia Recode then File->Open Settings...Now just navigate to the place you placed the .xmr file in the zip archive you downloaded and select it...The settings will be loaded

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Open XMedia Recode then File->Open Settings...Now just navigate to the place you placed the .xmr file in the zip archive you downloaded and select it...The settings will be loaded
thanks, will try

it works, thanks

Last edited by MarcAnton; 2012-12-17 at 11:33.