Active Topics

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
That endless reboot cycle suggests a hardware issue. Probably the dsp is left in a wrong state and you'd need to take out the battery to stop it.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Alternativelly, rebooting while charging that recovers when the battery gets fuller sounds a lot like the BME bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yeah, it would only go to Desktop if I didn't have it charging at the time.

This has happened three times now.

Anyway, sorry for derailing this thread yet again.

I'm having a difficult time with my tablet.

I can't seem to get the audio working and I've been struggling with this for quite some time now.

If I click on the Audio tab in ASUI, the system immediately resets.

If I go to the sound settings in the Control Panel, it also resets.

I've gone through about 50 reboots so far.

Any help on this? I really don't know what happened to it.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
If I click on the Audio tab in ASUI, the system immediately resets.
You most likely require a reflash. Or you could try enabled R&D mode and disable lifeguard reset, it might keep the broken service from rebooting your tablet. You might be able to reinstall the broken service, unless you have a hardware problem.

Figure out which of these services aren't running in ASUI's process list, they should all be green since ASUI manages them.

dsp_dld
multimediad
esd
osso-media-server
mediaplayer-engine

The following commands will start the above services, only run the commands for the services that you couldn't find in the process list.

/etc/init.d/dsp-init start
/etc/init.d/multimediad start
/etc/init.d/esd start
/etc/osso-af-init/osso-media-server.sh start
/etc/init.d/mediaplayer-daemon start

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Thanks!

I will do that right now.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
enabled R&D mode and disable lifeguard reset
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but is this the thing that reboots my N810 if a process is running at 100% cpu for a long time? How do you turn it off (temporarily) ?

I noticed that dsp_dld was nowhere to be found in the task manager using ASUI.

Whatever that thing is, it's really annoying.

There have been days over time where dsp_dld burns at a constant 84% of the CPU.

Running this
/etc/init.d/dsp-init start
always gave me multiple reboots.

So anyway, I reflashed and everything is back to being good once again.

I was wondering, is there any chance you could offer your Task Manager as a stand alone app?

I'm going to try and be without ASUI for a little while and see if any of my issues stemmed from this.

Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but is this the thing that reboots my N810 if a process is running at 100% cpu for a long time? How do you turn it off (temporarily) ?
Lifeguard reset is hardwar that reboots the tablet if the system software doesn't check in every so often due to something using a lot of CPU cycles. The only way to disable it is by hooking your tablet up to your PC and using the flashing software to enable R&D mode and disable it. You also have to hook to flasher to undo it. Both of these require a reboot so not easily to temporarily toggle, unless by temporary you mean for testing something between reboots.

I noticed that dsp_dld was nowhere to be found in the task manager using ASUI. Whatever that thing is, it's really annoying. So anyway, I reflashed and everything is back to being good once again.
Is the sound driver, you should have told me it was the cause, reinstalling the debian package for it might have resolved the problem without a reflash.

I was wondering, is there any chance you could offer your Task Manager as a stand alone app? I'm going to try and be without ASUI for a little while and see if any of my issues stemmed from this.
I find it hard to believe that ASUI is the cause of your dsp_dld corruption. It wouldn't be hard for someone to rip out all the other ASUI code to make a standalone process list, just not something I'm going to do.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox