Active Topics

Thought I'd mention this since it doesn't look like anyone else has. I just got the following email from Nokia:

Dear Nokia 770 Internet Tablet Owner,

Thank you for participating in the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet Satisfaction survey this fall.

We are now launching the second phase of the survey at Tableteer and your participance would be highly appreciated. It takes only five minutes to fill the survey.

Once again you have a chance to win a JBL Duet multimedia speaker system and Sennheiser PX 200 headphones to complete the Internet music experience on your Nokia 770 Internet Tablet.
With a link to phase 2 of the survey.

Etaoin

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
... completed. Looks like they're wondering if we'll accept them doing away with the 5 way rocker. The question dodges around the fact that I'd use it if it didn't completely suck. It doesn't feel good and the case blocks the leftward direction if it's slid onto the back of the device. If it felt like an old sega master system or NES game pad it'd rock.

I completed the survey as well. I was very disappointed in the questions asked and the lack of associated follow up questions. I think Nokia needs to hire a new company to do their surveys. Here is what I wrote in the final comments:

Many of the questions in this survey seemed ill conceived, poorly targeted and didn't result in follow up questions. For instance, if you are going to ask how often someone checks email with the 770, you might follow up with a question regarding the quality of the email client. In my case, until recently, I did not use the 770 for email at all, due to the utter inadequacy of the built in email client. I only recently started using the 770 for email due to the release of a port of the full Sylpheed email client. The question regarding the 5 way rocker was particularly onerous in my mind, in this regard. I don't use the rocker as much as I would like, due to it being too small with not enough mechanical feedback. I am afraid responses to this question could lead to the elimination of the rocker in future IT designs, where I would actually like more emphasis on this area, in particular the improvement of the rocker and inclusion of several non-function specific buttons on the right side and/or top right edge. As someone with a reasonably rigorous knowledge of statistics, I feel the numeric data conveyed by this survey will be very inaccurate in giving Nokia a real sense of how people actually use the 770 and in determining how to direct development of future Internet Tablet designs.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by Etaoin Shrdlu
With a link to phase 2 of the survey.
Etaoin
I didn't get the link. Can you post here, or is it personalised?

Rich

Originally Posted by richie
I didn't get the link. Can you post here, or is it personalised?

Rich
Go to tableteer.nokia.com page (support tab) or look at your rss-feed-reader (tableteer feed)!