Originally Posted by fahad65 View Post
pre ordered mine on MPD and a csr told me that i am gonna receive it on 3rd nov on 34 pounds 700 mins 1 gb internet unlimited text on tmobile i think its the best deal but two things which disturbed me are fm radio and multimedia messaging which are absent on n900 can anyone satisfy me about these missing features........hope to get good positive replies especially about mms.......
I'll be happy if I get it the first week on November!

The radio I can live without, though the fact that someone has it working now is good, problem is it might thrash (haven't used that word for many years!) the battery life. Not gonna pretend to understand how/why but that's what the article said.

I'd like MMS to be added before the end of the year, that'd be nice! Where'd you hear that dansus?

Hi All,

I just spoke to the web chat person at MPD and asked when they were expecting the N900 to be available for dispatch and the response:

Webshop Customer Help says:
3rd week of november

Don't want to wait that long!! *Strops & Stamps Feet!!*

The Following User Says Thank You to Dexter1759 For This Useful Post:
Wow, let's just hope they are playing it safe and over estimating. I personally don't think Nokia have given dates to anyone.

Interestingly, MPD make it clear they run Nokia Retail shops. And the main N900 Ad on the MPD home page takes you to Nokia Retail's website, where it says it's available for dispatch end of Oct! If they are the same company/run both, surely they'd both have the same release date, if not I would have gone through the Nokia retail website instead!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dexter1759 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Interestingly, MPD make it clear they run Nokia Retail shops. And the main N900 Ad on the MPD home page takes you to Nokia Retail's website, where it says it's available for dispatch end of Oct! If they are the same company/run both, surely they'd both have the same release date, if not I would have gone through the Nokia retail website instead!
I really can't imagine them saying "available end of Oct" on the MPD website if they did not mean "available end of Oct if you order from MPD". It would make no sense to mention it at all in that case.

UPDATE:

Oh crap, they updated the site:
"PRE-ORDER - EXCLUSIVE DISPATCH MID NOV FROM OUR NOKIA STORES."

Is it even legal for them to claim "EXCLUSIVE DISPATCH END OCT" and then change it to "MID NOV"? Technically that's lying. If they had said EXPECTED dispatch that is one thing, but to say EXCLUSIVE is very different legality wise.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-10-21 at 16:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
I've just been chatting with MPD and they gave me Nokia redate of 16th November

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
I really can't imagine them saying "available end of Oct" on the MPD website if they did not mean "available end of Oct if you order from MPD". It would make no sense to mention it at all in that case.

UPDATE:

Oh crap, they updated the site:
"PRE-ORDER - EXCLUSIVE DISPATCH MID NOV FROM OUR NOKIA STORES."

Is it even legal for them to claim "EXCLUSIVE DISPATCH END OCT" and then change it to "MID NOV"? Technically that's lying. If they had said EXPECTED dispatch that is one thing, but to say EXCLUSIVE is very different legality wise.
Do you mean End Oct here?

This is the page I am on about http://www.nokiaretail.co.uk/Brands/...447/p26078.htm which is the page that you are taken to from the home page ad on MPD.

Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Do you mean End Oct here?

This is the page I am on about http://www.nokiaretail.co.uk/Brands/...447/p26078.htm which is the page that you are taken to from the home page ad on MPD.
Think they meant http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/...47/p26078.aspx

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Bad news it seems from MPD:

Please wait. A representative will be with you shortly.
One moment please...
We apologize for the delay. A representive will be with you shortly.
Hello Alex Atkin. My name is Webshop Customer Help how can I help you?
Alex Atkin says:
I am concerned about the ever changing dispatch date for the Nokia N900.
ok
Alex Atkin says:
Over the past month you have said "EXCLUSIVE 30th OCT", "EXCLUSIVE END OCT" and now "PRE-ORDER - EXCLUSIVE DISPATCH MID NOV FROM OUR NOKIA STORES."
yes
nokia delayed it
Alex Atkin says:
then I think your wording was very poorly chosen
Alex Atkin says:
saying "EXPECTED" is good, saying "EXCLUSIVE" is rather more legally binding I would think
it is exclusive
Alex Atkin says:
How exactly is it exclusive? You are getting it first the UK? There are other places claiming to have it MID NOVEMBER too.
we will have before anyione else as we are sistered with nokia.co.uk
Alex Atkin says:
I guess that is all I can hope for at this point. Its just confusing as Nokia have never given any concrete release window other than "end of Oct in selected markets" which could mean anything.
true
Alex Atkin says:
Ah well, lets hope they are just playing it safe and still a possibility for an early launch.
Alex Atkin says:
Thankyou.
I was being a bit argumentative there wasn't I.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-10-21 at 16:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
We must have had the same thought this is my transcript (I think I was a little less argumentative than you! lol)

Dexter1759 says:
hi
hi
Dexter1759 says:
I pre-ordered my N900 a while ago and noticed that following your Ad on your Homepage, it says "...available for dispatch end Oct", is that pretty much confirmed now? or is it likely to be delayed?
no, mid november we found out today -
its been puche back
Dexter1759 says:
ah ok - that's a shame - thanks anyway. Bye
Gutted! It's my birthday at the end of Oct, so was hoping to get it around then!

Tags
contract, n900