Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Received my long awaited N900 yesterday and was very thrilled with the device. Generally, the phone is great but there are several things the phone is missing that made me put the sim card back into my N95 phone.

1. Phone Profile: The profile on the N900 does not allow you to create a new profile. You are only given two choices ( General and Silent). This is definitely not a good thing. The nice thing about N95 is that, you can create your personal profile (eg, Sleep, which activates say between midnight and 6am to avoid calls while you're at sleep).

2. GPS- Very terrible, I hope Nokia is working on improving this. You can search and navigate to places, but it is missing the ability to save your location for later use. You certainly don't want to be typing in addresses everything, if you can save your location. This feature on N95 is great. Furthermore, there is no voice command on the N900. My N95 voice command seems to be nontransferable to the new N900.

3. Difficult removing battery. It is purely difficult removing the battery... You should be careful when installing/removing the battery else you risk breaking the cover.

4. T-mobile. #646#, #225# and others don't work. This probably needs a firmware upgrade. I hope it is included in the next upgrade.

5. Group: There is absolutely no way of creating a group list of contacts. This should be added in the next upgrade.

--- I will include more problems as I play with it.

Last edited by x61; 2009-11-27 at 02:30.

yes it still has some work to do with it, but i'm just glad i have it in my hands now then waiting a few weeks or months more for it to come...

Yeah, but at the moment, it non-comparable to my N95.

Turn your phone to silent when you sleep?

ive had the n95,n96, and 97 and the N900 is the best by far i got mine yesterday, and its awesome.

Originally Posted by x61 View Post

4. T-mobile. #646#, #225# and others don't work. This probably needs a firmware upgrade. I hope it is included in the next upgrade.
I had no idea. This pisses me off. I have the unlimited plan but still...this is just plain ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
Turn your phone to silent when you sleep?
Yeah, I set it up with Advanced Profile to switch to Sleep mode at midnight and back to regular mode at 6 am.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
No Airplane/Offline mode in profile?

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by nashith View Post
No Airplane/Offline mode in profile?
You should be be able to set offline mode by hitting the power button and selecting offline mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to theflew For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
T-mobile. #646#, #225# and others don't work. This probably needs a firmware upgrade. I hope it is included in the next upgrade.
That's weird. Doesn't that work just by dialing the number like any other number and then T-Mobile sends a message back? Does that mean the phone also can't receive other messages from the network, like "network busy," etc.?