Closed Thread
Can help with installation?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lini View Post
Can help with installation?
What is the problem. It should be there out of box.

https://support.skype.com/category/S...OR_NOKIA_N900/

They stopped making the Nokia Communicators, which I have used since whenever they started. Which phone is supposed to be the successor? I would like it also to synch properly with my mac and pc.. I know that's asking a lot. My prime interests are contact where I can provide a description for each phone number, use a voip client and a proper browser (that menas one not spotted as a mobile device). And email for multiple accounts, with scheduled email collection or I suppose "push" email but not bothered if scheduling is there. WiFi a necessity and decent battery life. Prefer full qwerty physical keyboard.

What I don't need is my ipod, camera and kitchen sink in my pocket.

I am enquiring here because it seems to me I want maemo phone?
Which ones should I be looking at please?

For me this is not a trivial problem so ideas gratefully received.

Anthony

i just got my n900 three days ago...my local network already sent me the internet connection settings and was able to save it...but every time i want to access the internet,it does say its connected but the browser doesn't open. it says something about a firewall...and how can i put my own avatar on the sms conversation? i need help badly..i want to use my n900 on it full capacity/capability...

I just upgraded my N900 to PR1.3 (UK Variant) via OTA , everything is working fine.
I have not installed many apps too on my N900,but suddenly two days after i upgraded i received an error message " memory full unable to receive messages free up space".
Then i checked the installed Application memory and found to be full and the remaining is just 160Mb. I un-installed many apps as possible, as of now i have not received the error message again but i am satisfied with the solution and wanted to flash it.

The UK variant of flashing image is not available at http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php .I also have no option to reinstall the software in the Ovi software updater.

Anyone please help me out of this problem.

Is anyone having the same problem like me?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Costa Rica
can i use a T9 to text in my n900
Like i can type 1 or 2 letters how do i change the differen word option that i have with those letters ??

and how do i get the letters ñ or ó

well hello everyone... i'm new to both my new nokia n900 and ofcourse to the OS bt well sumhw i began to wonder that as we all knw that the x terminal in it is kinda wich is called "BusyBox" is of quite an older version(v1.10.2)...and nt to mention its limitation of commands... :P so i did sum googling if i can actually upgrade the BusyBox to push its limit .... so i came over this site...

http://maemo-experience.blogspot.com...-for-n900.html

please check it out and CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME IF IT WILL B SAFE well technically :P ! has anyone done it yet ???

Hello everyone,

I bumped into a strange problem just today. Normally i use my mobile provider to make calls, but at home, i always could use my sip-account to make sip-calls. This was done by choosing the sip connection type at the dialpad.
But today i discovered the only connection type available is 'mobile' (where i normally could choose between 'mobile' and 'sip'), sip is gone and if i call my n900 from an other phone via sip, is starts a.....chat-session (?)
What has happened??

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ New York
Can anyone help me? I have an HP Pavilion 32bit running windows 7 ultimate. I installed Meego in error and now Id like to uninstall it or have my computer the way it was. Can anyone tell me how to do so??

can anyone tell if there is a way to find out which firmware (country version) my nokia n900 might be using ??i live in india and as per it may seem i guess it could be an indian version !
i didn't check out my previous firmware country version though, i know that i'm using firmware pr1.3 as for now and updated it OTA...but well i would like to know if there is a way to check out the country version....

regards..

Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted