All of the numbers i dial require a + in front of them to work. This means I have to reformate my entire contact list for skype to work properly.

Also, whenever I want to join a conference call (or any call for that matter) that requires a touch tone phone, I can't join, because the dial pad won't do the touch tones in skype for some reason.

Those 2 things make my use of skype extremely limited which was a dissapointment since I just bought a year of skype out.

Originally Posted by captainqtp View Post
All of the numbers i dial require a + in front of them to work. This means I have to reformate my entire contact list for skype to work properly.
But hasn't using the + sign before the country code been always the preferred method of storing phone numbers in a mobile phone, since this way it will work no matter from what country you dial?

I have replaced my landline with Skype on N900 + wLAN + Comcast Cable. The audio quality for the Skype calls is better than for calls on the AT&T cellular network.

HOWEVER, the N900 Skype application is missing an absolutely critical feature: DTMF support. Although Skype supports DTMF pass through, when I try to use keypad the N900 says that the app does not support DTMF. Given the wide application of IVR phone systems, from everything like an airline to a doctor's office, the absence of this feature is a MAJOR obstacle to using the N900's Skype application for my everyday telephony.

It should be possible to add/search or remove contacts so that you don't have to use the Skype client on a PC for that.

Last edited by DaSilva; 2009-12-17 at 08:01.

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
It should be able to add/remove contacts so that you don't have to use the Skype client on a PC for that.
It already does that. At least I've successfully added Skype contacts with it. And when you want to delete a Skype contact it warns that it will delete it from the server too.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Being in a foreign country it would be useful and cheaper to send text messages to contacts using Skype. (Tried to add this to the brainstorm, but got stuck somehow)

The Following User Says Thank You to pixelgeek For This Useful Post:
Oh, I didn't know that. It is not listed in the official feature list on skype.com.

EDIT: It should be possible to edit the current country code so that you don't have to type that every time when you want to dial a number (look at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37378)

Last edited by DaSilva; 2009-12-17 at 08:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mobile
message deleted while considering idea further

Last edited by ogre; 2010-03-18 at 10:17.

Here are the major changes I would like:

1) If I click on "Call with Skype" and my Skype status is set to "offline" The app should change my status to online (or at least prompt) and make then make the call. As of right now it just throws an error saying that you're not online. From a UX standpoint is unacceptable.

2) The necessary "+" and country code is should be fixed by setting a default that can be used for contacts that don't have one. Moving all my contacts from Outlook was a nightmare because of this.

3) Using DTMF is incredibly painful, I'm not sure why this is such an issue.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
no problem here either.
I would like to see video call support though.
I didn't know that N900 has a front facing cam? Do you just want to be seen rather than watched?