Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Hi,
I am reflashing an N9 with the same firmware version (Singapore 005) due to a 'boot loop' problem.

I get the Flasher to recognise the device; but when I try to start the flash I get "Error: Unknown argument" and a list of flasher options.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or the cause of the error?

Many thanks!

Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
Hi,
I am reflashing an N9 with the same firmware version (Singapore 005) due to a 'boot loop' problem.

I get the Flasher to recognise the device; but when I try to start the flash I get "Error: Unknown argument" and a list of flasher options.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or the cause of the error?

Many thanks!
That means it doesn't like the parameters you entered for the command. What was the command you used?

Remember to put double quotes around a filename if it has spaces in it.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Remember to put double quotes around a filename if it has spaces in it.
Heck, I didn't put the double quotes around the filename! I had a marathon 6 hours playing around, because I initially downloaded the incorrect firmware version; there were two identical file names, both for the right variant Singapore 005 - but I found out that the first was infact European. In all the frustration, I guessed that maybe the "quotes" were not required. Many thanks for the tip!! I will try again tomorrow and see how it goes.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ New Zealand (working in China)
I'm a native New Zealander working and living in China, where I bought my N9...

Love the phone but feed up with the region lock to China when going to the apps store or anything related.

Will changing the code from China's to Aus/Nz help with this matter in any way.

Tried contact nokia support via e-mail... but simply got the typical '"can not" when enquiring how I can access Apps in English.

Originally Posted by finite_space View Post
I'm a native New Zealander working and living in China, where I bought my N9...

Love the phone but feed up with the region lock to China when going to the apps store or anything related.

Will changing the code from China's to Aus/Nz help with this matter in any way.

Tried contact nokia support via e-mail... but simply got the typical '"can not" when enquiring how I can access Apps in English.
It's probably based on your IP address, so it's likely not to work - but you might as well give it a shot.

Don't change the product code - just flash it with 005 (Asia-Pacific) firmware and see if it works. This will get rid of QQ/etc. and add Twitter/Facebook/Dropbox, also.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Oh guys.....Please Help Me...
My English Is not go0o0d..sory about that...

My orginal phone product Is 059l6b8 from United Arab ( n9 16g black ) And I flashed with
DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1.523.2_PR_LEGACY_523_ARM_RM-696_PRD_signed

DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1.SEAP_EMMC_SEAP.bin

Australia Flash File

And My phone is dead ...just Vibra and screen is Black....

My Phone informashion From Win Flasher is

C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher>flasher -i
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 6 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting...
Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1603
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1.523.2_PR_523
Success
I can flash with australian flash file but again i cant flash with Orginal products code Flash file.....

please help me ...
Which files do I need to download
What should I do
My phone is dead
Please help me...
tnx

Last edited by sat_help; 2012-03-27 at 00:04.

i am waiting........

After having read the Comprehensive Firmware Flashing Guide several times, I have to say thank you very much to "itsnotabigtruck". Although, I've tried the the basic flash. I've recently posted about resetting the terminal password. Would flashing "Zeroize" help me in resetting everything on the device so that I can change my password as well? Sorry for the repeat in post.

Originally Posted by hourt.lim View Post
After having read the Comprehensive Firmware Flashing Guide several times, I have to say thank you very much to "itsnotabigtruck". Although, I've tried the the basic flash. I've recently posted about resetting the terminal password. Would flashing "Zeroize" help me in resetting everything on the device so that I can change my password as well? Sorry for the repeat in post.
The "basic flash" ought to be enough to reset your root password, if that's the problem. You don't need to zeroize or wipe the entire phone.

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
The "basic flash" ought to be enough to reset your root password, if that's the problem. You don't need to zeroize or wipe the entire phone.
Ran the basic flash although it didn't reset the password. When I attempt to devel-su, and enter password, says incorrect password. Any suggestions?

Tags
flashing, nokia n9