Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
gonna miss him.

doesn't look good though. too many people leave.
or on contrary there happends big changes and they address major points of criticism.

you can be either optimistic or pessimistic but no one really knows until time tells the truth.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Whe you find what you get is perfect, you don't like changes usually.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Oh man that sucks :-(

That's the second high-profile MeeGo person (after mallum) abandoning ship in less than a month. I'm starting to get really worried, what do they know that we don't?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Oh man that sucks :-(

That's the second high-profile MeeGo person (after mallum) abandoning ship in less than a month. I'm starting to get really worried, what do they know that we don't?
Well, Mallum was a big proponent of matchbox and clutter, mutter, used in Netbook UX which would be going away with the Qt-ification of MeeGo.. so his exit is probably more understandable
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
My quick translation

" According to Nokia spokesperson Tapani Kaskinen, Jaaksi's resignation won't affect MeeGo's schedule.

- We have strategies and objectives will remain the same, Kaskinen says.

- Alberto Torres has said that he will be replaced by another person.

Torres is a member of the Board of Directors of Nokia and MeeGo products generating unit Director.

Jaaksi has worked within Nokia since 1998. Since 2003, he has worked on Nokia's Linux-based Maemo operating system that was used to Nokia's Internet tablet devices and Nokia N900-Smartphone. "

http://www.itviikko.fi/ihmiset-ja-ur...si/201013773/7

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
i'm not sure about who is responible in nokia for what, but meamo/meego was excelent but for sure too slow moving platform. (5 year, 5 step program - look where apple/google are in 2-3 step/years)

they changed directions (even if for valid purposes) every year (e.g. no compatibility between devices/os releases).

what should be major tablet/phone platform is still waiting for release. they even announced, that we shall expect no tablets in near future.

i think maemo management was not the best, so change in management may improve the situation.

ps: i know jaaksi may not be THE responsible but he is the meego head right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to hyartep For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
My quick translation

" According to Nokia spokesperson Tapani Kaskinen, Jaaksi's resignation won't affect MeeGo's schedule.

- We have strategies and objectives will remain the same, Kaskinen says.

http://www.itviikko.fi/ihmiset-ja-ur...si/201013773/7
Oh, ok. Now we get what they were saying. "Jaaksi's resignation won't interfere with our gutting of our Mobile Linux division. It actually makes it easier."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: