Active Topics

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by slender View Post
I have over 50% free space available on my rootfs. WOOHOOO.
I'm hoping that's a typo of 50M.

Anyway, the reason for space on rootfs is because they need space for libs. Common libs are pulled to root, as I can attest by having about 30-40 apps installed, all optified, but they keep pulling stuff like older libs, newer libs, dependencies on their own libs, etc. I'm down to 50M or so.

Also, because it was silly to keep things like the apt-get cache on root, which is expensive, knowing the MMC handles multi-megabyte per second throughput which is more than enough for a download and an index.

That alone freed 15M+ on mine.

Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
I have had a lot of trouble after pr 1.2 and the newest eMMC image. I have not managed to pinpoint what the problem was/is. I have re-flashed several times; both images.
Well, fellow MSer, let us start by isolating a few issues: Is it degrading even if not rebooted throughout this? Does rebooting make thinks better or worse? Did you pull battery on reboot?

You might have a corrupted storage problem.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Have anyone noticed that after PR1.2 some icons are missing in GTK applications?

In cbrpager the 'zoom in' and 'zoom out' icons are missing, also some icons are missing in Abiword and GNumeric.