Notices

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
The default should be 100%.
There was some problem in an older version in which the default value was not correctly read.
Hence, my question whether this was the first installation.

For testing this issue I deleted all settings and restarted the plugin to force the default values being set and the scaling was correctly set to 100%.

Edit: I promoted 0.11.2 to extras-testing as the twelve-hour mode bug is fixed there.
Sorry for being late in replying: that was the first time I ever installed advanced clock plugin. And I had installed it through the standard application manager.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Found a minor glitch - hiding the seconds also hides the year on DateTime clock. Not sure if this is intentional or not!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenholler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Sorry for being late in replying: that was the first time I ever installed advanced clock plugin. And I had installed it through the standard application manager.
I see, so I need to keep an eye on whether others have that problem as well.
As said, I tried to reproduce the issue here but everything worked as it should.
Still, I take that as a pointer to keep an eye on.

@ Hootenholler
This behavior was indeed intended in order to save as much space as possible.
Might change that in future versions if you like.
Maybe by adding even more options.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Should be fixed in 0.11.2.
Could you please try if this solves your issue.

@ddiscodave
Please be patient.
It is usually considered bad netiquette to bump a question that quickly.
We do understand that some problems might be unpleasant but typically we cannot answer instantly.
Usually, your question will be answered sooner or later.

With respect to your question:
Did you have an earlier version of advanced-clock-plugin installed?
If so, could you try removing it completely by running the following as root:
Code:
dpkg -r advanced-clock-plugin
dpkg -r advanced-clock-plugin-settings-ui
If this still does not solve your issue try installing it via the command line by running (as root):
Code:
apt-get install advanced-clock-plugin
and post the output here.

Edit:
@P@t:
Did you have an earlier version installed or was this the first time you installed advanced-clock-plugin?

okay it worked thank you!!

i have a request ..... i notice that the am/pm is about a character space away from the last number... so for example 9:51:10 am any chance you can set it so the space is removed so it looks like this -> 9:51:10am i also would like to know if there would be a way you can add an option to embolden the characters

Hi Wonko!
Sorry for the late feedback... Yeah it's working fine now thanks!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
It MAY be able to display an actual image though; I've been contemplating doing that for a while now, if possible.
I have used images in Cairo for a while now. Here is a piece of code to set an image as the source:
Code:
image = "/usr/share/icons/blender.png" #replace with path
surface = cairo.ImageSurface.create_from_png(image)
pattern = cairo.SurfacePattern(surface)
matrix = cairo.Matrix(x0=-x, y0=-y) #where (x,y) is the 
                                    #upper-left coordinates
                                    #of the image
pattern.set_matrix(matrix)
cr.set_source(pattern)              #replace cr with the name
                                    #of the cairo context

Last edited by skykooler; 2011-01-06 at 16:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Still trying to come up with a simple Date & Time clock that's easier to see at a glance and I have had a good crack at writing my own clock style but without much (read = any!) joy... I can see the parts of the various styles that I want to put together, but when I put them together, they kill the clock. If anybody could help me with my horrid Dr Frankenstein coding, I'd be truly grateful!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenholler For This Useful Post:
thanks for the info guys, managed to change the alarm on arc to green. will fiddle around a bit and see if can get it to display an image instead.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Hootenholler View Post
Still trying to come up with a simple Date & Time clock that's easier to see at a glance and I have had a good crack at writing my own clock style but without much (read = any!) joy... I can see the parts of the various styles that I want to put together, but when I put them together, they kill the clock. If anybody could help me with my horrid Dr Frankenstein coding, I'd be truly grateful!
What exactly are you trying to make? The thing you asked for a couple days ago? This:

show time and date as "00:00 dd/mm" on one row of text without cutting characters off the end?
I'm relatively free from having to do anything today - let me know if that's still what you want, or if you want something else, and I'll see if I can make one for your in the next few hours.

thanks for the info guys, managed to change the alarm on arc to green. will fiddle around a bit and see if can get it to display an image instead.
If you want to get to it before me, the default alarm-on images are:
/opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/general_alarm_on.png
/opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/18x18/hildon/general_alarm_on.png
/opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/14x14/hildon/general_alarm_on.png
/opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/general_alarm_on.png
/opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/hildon/calendar_alarm.png

I ASSUME it uses the one in scalable, BUT scalable icons are resized by hildon... I'm not sure by what mechanism.... I'm guessing the one in 14x14 or 18x18 are the ones we want. I'm about to see if I can rewrite the proper aspect of the clock code to show that instead of the circle/shape. If it actually works nicely, I'll post the code up here and Wonko can possibly add it as a patch, allowing people to set whether they want the dot or the icon, ideally.

But in the meantime, if you want to and can do it, porselinheart, by all means, go for it.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-07 at 03:10. Reason: Removed unnecessarily added font color tags.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I'm about to see if I can rewrite the proper aspect of the clock code to show that instead of the circle/shape.
If you need to resize the clock, you can also use the cairo matrix for that; just add xx and yy components to it, where xx and yy represent the x scale and y scale respectively.

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post: