Notices

Hi people - simple question: is there a good Facebook app for the Nokia N900 that will allow me to do status updates without actually having to go to Facebook webpage? Can't seem to find any...

Thanks kindly.

To do status updates? Well you can use Facebrick (currently broken), you could add PixelPipe as a contact (after signing up) and then update your status by sending a message to Pixelpipe like

@facebook This is my update.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
To do status updates? Well you can use Facebrick (currently broken), you could add PixelPipe as a contact (after signing up) and then update your status by sending a message to Pixelpipe like

I think facebrick has been fixed.

Thanks - did try Facebrick the other day and it didn't work, but I'll give it a whirl again.

I do have that installed - where do I send the "@facebook"? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
is thr any option to login as facebook chat, coz to login in facebook chat u need a username for dat u need to send a msg frm ur cell n thn u get confirmation code wich none has got if am correct, i hav sent about 123 times but no cinfirmation code,

so is thr anyway by wich i can login in facebook n chat rathr thn webpage,

Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
is thr any option to login as facebook chat, coz to login in facebook chat u need a username for dat u need to send a msg frm ur cell n thn u get confirmation code wich none has got if am correct, i hav sent about 123 times but no cinfirmation code,

so is thr anyway by wich i can login in facebook n chat rathr thn webpage,
Facebook chat is built into the conversations app. Just go to where you add new chats (skype, gtalk, etc) and add facebook. It is in the status area I think (tap there and select IM accounts or something).

Also visit http://www.facebook.com/sitetour/chat.php to get correct settings.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
You can text facebook to update your status.

Originally Posted by Nostoi View Post
I do have that installed - where do I send the "@facebook"? Thanks.
I believe you first have to go the PixelPipe Website and setup a Facebook pipe there. Then you can just add PixelPipe as a contact to Google Talk and you can update your Facebook status by sending a message to Pixelpipe with the @facebook tag.

Not sure if you can update the Facebook status through adding Facebook chat to the conversations application though (I know you can talk to Facebook friends thru Facebook chat that way though).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...