Been trying to load up my playlists for the last 15 minutes with no luck whatsoever. Hope we get a better music player soon.

I'm really not happy with the music player when you have a lot of songs loaded on.

I tried mine for about a week with only 30 or so albums. No problems in the slightest.

Then a couple of days ago I filled the internal and SD memory to about 3,000 songs. Now, if I am doing ANYTHING in the background, chances are the song will stutter. It is far from impressive. It has been over a day now with the same problem, so plenty of chance for the device to index properly.

The only reason I can find for this is that there are too many songs on it.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Also, I when you sort by playlist (which is my preferred method as every album/folder has an associated playlist) it sorts the albums randomly and there is no way to sort alphabetically. guess it will be fixed in the firmware, but not very logical.

20GB of stuff from iTunes on mine. No probs. Album art too. N900 ftw
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Originally Posted by huntr77 View Post
I'm really not happy with the music player when you have a lot of songs loaded on.

I tried mine for about a week with only 30 or so albums. No problems in the slightest.

Then a couple of days ago I filled the internal and SD memory to about 3,000 songs. Now, if I am doing ANYTHING in the background, chances are the song will stutter. It is far from impressive. It has been over a day now with the same problem, so plenty of chance for the device to index properly.

The only reason I can find for this is that there are too many songs on it.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Also, I when you sort by playlist (which is my preferred method as every album/folder has an associated playlist) it sorts the albums randomly and there is no way to sort alphabetically. guess it will be fixed in the firmware, but not very logical.
Can you open an xterm and post the output of df command. Would be interesting to see how much space you have on the system, maybe its some kind of funny swap or paging thing.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Does the N900 rebuilds its music index upon each reboot (as it is the case with the N800)?

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Does the N900 rebuilds its music index upon each reboot (as it is the case with the N800)?
My guess is no, but I've only rebooted it twice in the week I've had it. it doesn't seem to be busy afterwards.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
20GB of stuff from iTunes on mine. No probs. Album art too. N900 ftw
so you copied them in the n900 memory via drag and drop or used another program to sync your stuff?

I used SailingMediaSync on my Mac to put them on the N900. it took about 90 minutes. There's a minor bug in that the synced play-lists don't contain the correct paths for the music on the device, but I'll probably knock up a script to run on the device to fix them.
--
Beware of extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to fnordianslip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
very nice to hear (at least the syncing) since salling mediasync is available for windows as well, thx

I'm a bit puzzled with the album art. +70% of my album art is showing, but i can't seem to get album arts working for some albums by some reason(tried 500x500 and 300x300 just to be safe). All album arts have been added same way to all my music in the device. They show no problems with Zune HD, 1G ipod touch and 5800XM.