Active Topics

this happened to me this afternoon too. I deleted NM from my mail client and then set it up again. During setup, I set my country and selected NM as provider. I then got a banner message sayng "setup will restart (1815)".

I repeated the setup, and although the setup dialogue suggested that I registerign a new NM account (which I of course wasn't) it still completed OK & it then synced my gmail account. The gmail account was not however visible until I stopped & restarted modest - then, all was OK again.

HTH

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ South Wales, UK
Finally solved it on mine.

There was something about my personal email address settings that the nokia messaging client just didn't like. The guy at nokia suggested it was because the username looked like an email address but it wasn't the same as the actual email address (email: nokia@example.com username: postmaster@pop3.example.com even though it's an IMAP account)

When I set up Nokia Messaging using my work POP3 email address where the username has no @ or . in it, it setup just fine, however I didn't want my Nokia Messaging username to be my work address.

So I had the Nokia guy delete that account and then set up my personal email address again, but gave it the server and login details for my work email address.

This worked and I started receiving emails. I then went onto the website, created my personal email address properly, deleted the fake one I'd used to set up the account and then created my work email address properly.

It now works, both accounts are as I want them, and receive stuff on the phone.

I guess if you don't have a work email address to try this with, you could create a throwaway hotmail address, or use your OVI one or something.

HTH.

Have the same issue. I can't even delete my Gmail account - tells me that deletion has failed! What an annoying bug!

I have this same issue. I was told by a "Nokia Care" person that this was a Vodafone issue blocking access to NM, but this seemed ridiculous and I confirmed this with Vodafone today.

I had my NM account deleted in the hope that I could set up a new one, but I can't do this on Nokia's website as I get instructed to do it through the phone.

I have tried to set up the account through the phone, but it won't connect to the server to allow me to continue past the first setup page where you input your email address.

Any ideas what can I do, I have relied on NM since I bought the phone 8 months ago...
Cheers
Namche

I'm having the same issue.

I've gone into the NM website and deleted my accounts. I've then tried to delete the accounts from the phone but it says Mailbox Deletion Failed. I've tried rebooting to no avail.

It's still asking me for the password of the first account I setup, but won't accept it.

Nokia I want to love you, but you can be so frustrating at times!!!

just in case anyone is misinterpreting my previous post, I fixed my problem purely on the phone - I didn't go anywhere near the NM website, nor did I delete my actual NM account, I only deleted the NM setup on the phone.

All I did was to open the email client and from the "Email" drop down at the top, I chose "Edit Accounts", then selected "Nokia Messaging". I then accepted the "online editing .." warning by selecting "yes". Then at the "Settings for Nokia Messaging" screen I selected "delete" to remove the NM account from the phone. I didn't delete my NM accoutn from the NM website.

I then just set up NM again on the phone and my problem was gone. This may not help you, but it's what I did & it worked for me.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

same happened on symbian phone of my friend. deleting and re adding account on the phone solved problem

One of the earlier things I tried was to delete the NM accounts from the phone, but when I tried I kept getting a server message error. After reflashing the phone the accounts obviously dissappeared but I haven't been able to set NM up again since.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Richmond, VA
I also suffer from the same problem, deleting, different sim cards, another nokia messaging account, all broken.

Ok, so i've tried deleting and recreating accounts on my phone serveral times. I also deleted the extra accounts on the email.nokia.com webiste (but kept the main email account). Nothing seemed to work.

I then called Nokia Support (0845 045 5555 in the UK). They basically deleted my main NM account (which was a Hotmail email address) on their system. They then told me to delete all my accounts on the phone. Then they took me through the steps to add a new account, adding Nokia Messaging and using my original email account (the Hotmail address).

I asked how I setup my other accounts; Yahoo, Gmail etc. They told me to go to their website and log in. I tried that, but it wouldn't accept my username/email address and password. They checked with someone and confirmed I would need to wait 24 hours for my account to be activated.

My Hotmail account is setup on the phone, but I tried to send an email and failed. Guess I will have to hold on until tomorrow until the account is activated. They did give me a reference number if it still doesn't work.

I will send post another message depending on what happens tomorrow.

I have to say that this is really poor service from Nokia. It's obvious that it is problem at their end and now god knows how many people will have to call their support line, wasting people's time and their support line resource.