Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
@Lumiaman

I am fairly sure no one would wish Nokia to fail, I bought Nokia N900 cause it suited what I wanted, Maemo was almost perfect for my uses and the hardware was excellent.

My previous phone to that was Symbian (p910i) and I swapped it in a heartbeat for the first nearly properly open phone.

WPanything will never be that.

I don't care if Maemo was a niche but fun phone for some, for IT peeps I think it was perfect and it certainly seems to have attracted a fair number of downloads.

Nokia was happy trying different avenues, some might call it R&D but at least they were trying new and varied approaches which is the hallmark of a vibrant company, worthy of investment.

Today I think you are right to say Nokia is going nowhere ... which is a real shame, anyway some light reading which appears to be on topic in an off topic world.

http://www.communities-dominate.blog...-elop-now.html

rgds

Here is a much better reading for you:

http://taskumuro.com/artikkelit/the-...of-nokia-meego

Tells you that pre-Elop NOKIA was a business case of mismanagement. Just reading through it, I am amazed that N900 and other devices exist. But clearly, in the pre-Elop era, the products were buggy and hopelessly lagging behind iOS and Android. Moreover it corroborated what I always was saying here, that Harmattan development began in 2008 and all they produced was a beta OS in 2011. Sad, Very sad. With Elop they have a chance. Without Elop, they had none.

Should w3 ph33r your @$$tr0turf1ng skl1$$z?

Get over your persona. No one gives a dump about iOS or Android. The fact was, the masses could have bitten onto Maemo... But then again, they didn't, because No-kia never flexed their marketing muscle.

Now, you have to compete religion-wise against iurghOS and profit-wise against aOS. Poor nokia mismanagement.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
What happened to giving it a year originally? Then two years recently? Now you're moving the goalpost again? You now look like a provable, clinical idiot. Please, attempt to qualify your foolish statements. Discuss.

Bonus points for trying to answer in the form of a haiku.
Who said a year, you sound like a bumbling Republican candidate, making up stuff as you go along. NOKIA is undergoing huge change in strategy and it takes 3-5 years to accomplish it. Plus, they have merciless competitors in iOS and Android.
The strategy is clear, succeed in the US market and beyond. Lumia 900 was just released, 7 months ago on ATT, now they will release various devices on three networks including Verizon. This will increase their foothold into US as they strive to become number 3 in the US.
If Jolla succeeds, NOKIA will buy them. I think that they are giving Jolla leaders a chance to prove that they can deliver on their own. Clearly, under previous NOKIA leadership, they couldnt deliver a good product.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
elop get kicked from noki q1 next year if wp does not succes on christmas. Then maybe there is a slighly chance they licence os from jolla if they wakeup from current ridicilous strategy...

or else nokia RIP

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Who said a year, you sound like a bumbling Republican candidate, making up stuff as you go along. NOKIA is undergoing huge change in strategy and it takes 3-5 years to accomplish it. Plus, they have merciless competitors in iOS and Android.
The strategy is clear, succeed in the US market and beyond. Lumia 900 was just released, 7 months ago on ATT, now they will release various devices on three networks including Verizon. This will increase their foothold into US as they strive to become number 3 in the US.
If Jolla succeeds, NOKIA will buy them. I think that they are giving Jolla leaders a chance to prove that they can deliver on their own. Clearly, under previous NOKIA leadership, they couldnt deliver a good product.
Lumia, you ignorant slut. You couldn't even give a proper and accurate response, much less answer in Haiku!
http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...er-effect.html

Elop simply failed;
His masters are Microsoft.
Windows fails again.

He's had plenty time
But he can't turn it around.
M0R0N needs ousting.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Lumia, you ignorant slut. You couldn't even give a proper and accurate response, much less answer in Haiku!
http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...er-effect.html

Elop simply failed;
His masters are Microsoft.
Windows fails again.

He's had plenty time
But he can't turn it around.
M0R0N needs ousting.

Hahhahhahahaha.....yes, I am an ignorant slut and love it!!!!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Hahhahhahahaha.....yes, I am an ignorant slut and love it!!!!
Well, with a name like "Lumia"...
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

From Lumiaman's link:

The Harmattan UI was originally based on the Activity Theory principle, a frame of reference for studying human behavior and development processes. The goal is to understand society, personality and, most importantly, how these two are connected. The theory was originally developed by the Russian psychologist Vygotsky.

The aim was to utilize information on how people combine tasks and communicate with each other, and thus support these ways of working instead of forcing people to adopt technology-based working models. The system would adapt to the way the user interacts eith it, to ensure reciprocated interaction.
See, Nokia does things thoroughly when they decide to do them. Not quite like my ZTE phone which is
10 COPY HTC_HARDWARE;
20 INSERT GOOGLE_SOFTWARE;
30 $PRICE--;
40 SELL();

Another fine quote:
Soon after beginning his job at Nokia, Elop started the ”Sea Eagle” project whose purpose was to sort out and analyze alternatives to Nokia’s smartphone strategy.
Or let me fix that for you:

Soon after beginning his job at Nokia, Elop started the ”Sea ttle” project whose purpose was to sort out and analyze alternatives to Nokia’s smartphone strategy.

Last edited by volt; 2012-10-14 at 06:51.

I can say for a fact that if Nokia had released the 'Lauta' I would have bought that. At a premium price. Heck, it even looks like the phone in my signature.

And, if they had managed to make and release the device 'Soiro' based on Intel’s Atom SoC and x86 architecture, I would have bought that. Even if I already had the Lauta. I don't think there's any other phone I would have considered paying as much for as that phone.

Last edited by volt; 2012-10-14 at 07:20.

Originally Posted by volt View Post

I can say for a fact that if Nokia had released the 'Lauta' I would have bought that. At a premium price. Heck, it even looks like the phone in my signature.

And, if they had managed to make and release the device 'Soiro' based on Intel’s Atom SoC and x86 architecture, I would have bought that. Even if I already had the Lauta. I don't think there's any other phone I would have considered paying as much for as that phone.
Yes, beautiful hardware. From time to time I fire up my one remaining N9. i even reflashed it. pretty phone. looks cool. yet it lags, stutters, email doesnt update, sms threads get mixed up, abominable web browsing. Its like a pretty ******, all dressed up but nowhere to go. That refers to all of the scrapped phones. Elop had to step in stop production of ******s.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha