Notices

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Moscow
twaelti
Tomorrow I will set the field by, and send their changes to the code, where you have a mistake. Thank you for your understanding

The Following User Says Thank You to g0dzilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Thanks! Glad for all input.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

hi everyone,
I am trying to run NAVIT program on my N900. so far its running fine. the interface is ok. Now I need to point the navit.xml file to my external memory where i have placed the map data file. I am new to xml and linux. have tried it but still no success. got the idea of from a website. any one can search it by putting "Navit for internet tablet".

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Moscow
I put <meta name="author" content="Thomas Waelti">

and this piece of code for a correct determination of the route. For Russia and Moscow have not worked well

Code:
var location1, location2

geocoder.getLocations(document.getElementById("address1").value, function (response) {
			if (!response || response.Status.code != 200)
			{
				alert("Sorry, we were unable to geocode the first address");
			}
			else
			{
				location1 = {lat: response.Placemark[0].Point.coordinates[1], lon: response.Placemark[0].Point.coordinates[0], address: response.Placemark[0].address};
				geocoder.getLocations(document.getElementById("address2").value, function (response) {
					if (!response || response.Status.code != 200)
					{
						alert("Sorry, we were unable to geocode the second address");
					}
					else
					{
						location2 = {lat: response.Placemark[0].Point.coordinates[1], lon: response.Placemark[0].Point.coordinates[0], address: response.Placemark[0].address};
						gdir.load('from: ' + location1.address + ' to: ' + location2.address);
					}
				});
			}
		});
where location1 - from address
location2 - to address

Code:
<input id="address1" name="address" size="14" type="textbox" value="Москва" class="fromto"
			onkeydown="if(event.keyCode==13){showAddress(16);}" onFocus="document.getElementById('address1').select();">
		<input id="address2" name="to" size="14" type="text" value="Подольск" class="fromto"
			onkeydown="if(event.keyCode==13){setDirections()}" onFocus="document.getElementById('address2').select();">

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Shall I add a marker (like a target cross or circle) to properly mark the exact middle? This could be done without much effort.
(Technically, you are always in the middle of the map, so I don't know what I could do more)
I would love that!

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by new_bee View Post
hi everyone,
I am trying to run NAVIT program on my N900. so far its running fine. the interface is ok. Now I need to point the navit.xml file to my external memory where i have placed the map data file. I am new to xml and linux. have tried it but still no success. got the idea of from a website. any one can search it by putting "Navit for internet tablet".
Lots of good navit info here Navit thread

Originally Posted by g0dzilla View Post
and this piece of code for a correct determination of the route. For Russia and Moscow have not worked well
Code:
<input id="address1" name="address" size="14" type="textbox" value="Москва" class="fromto"
			onkeydown="if(event.keyCode==13){showAddress(16);}" onFocus="document.getElementById('address1').select();">
		<input id="address2" name="to" size="14" type="text" value="Подольск" class="fromto"
			onkeydown="if(event.keyCode==13){setDirections()}" onFocus="document.getElementById('address2').select();">
Thanks, will add that in the next days!
One tip: you don't need to hardcode your locations, you could also pass GET params "from" and "to". This can also make it easy for someone to just bookmark a base location, e.g. http://tomch.com/maemaps.html?from=bern&go=1 sets the from location to Bern and autoloads the map.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
I would love that!
Something like that ok?
(This is just a test url, don't bookmark, will disappear again or might not work anymore after a few days)

great

It does work for Nokia 770 and looks as in Firefox on PC.
Any chance to get it scripted CLI from Xterminal ,
entering parameter values,
routing from .. to ..
flite voice commands ?

It would be a nice alternative to MM, coming with a lot more of options.

thanks twaelti,

your app can be easily scripted, as parameters are inserted in url line,
so wget works .

Does it work with gpsd / bluetooth gps ?

If yes, in theory voice can be set on for routing commands.

So gps, voice and what next ,
what about voice control ,
does maemo support voice control, voice recognition ?

Tags
google maps, microb, n900