/etc/init.d/osso-systemui stop

Just do that.

Fullscreen wipe would be even better, unless its not implemented properly and apps are accidentally launched.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
I just tried Telescope. It's really amazing how fast it is without all the extra toolkits. Thanks for all the work put into this application.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to automorphism For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Thank you!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I could had sworn that I was able to move around the open apps in Telescope using the escape key. Now that doesn't work any more. Did something break that - or my memory?

If it's broken, and you're thinking about putting it back...maybe make the same function available when viewing apps through Launcher?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Telescope 2.0~rc4 (extras-devel)
  • auouymous, bug with disabled systemui was fixed. Actually, this was real bug in Telescope, but for some strange reason it was somehow hidded by systemui. Please check that now it is gone.
  • Reduced flickering when switching between Switcher and Launcher views

If you don't see update in app manager, please wait a bit and try again

silvermountain
Not exactly. You was able to move around opened windows with F5 (Home) key and to activate selected one with F4 (Menu) key (many users, including me, have swapped Esc and Menu buttons, may be this is why you remember about Esc).

Now switching windows with Home key is broken because second F5 press calls Launcher instead.

If you have idea about convenient key bindings, please descibe it in details, because i admit that when Launcher was integrated and second F5 key began to show it instead of selecting thumbnails, keyboard control became less useful.
Which key for moving around opened windows?
Which key to activate selected?
Which key to show Launcher?
Which key to go back from Launcher to Telescope?
Which key to show desktop?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
Telescope 2.0~rc4 (extras-devel)
  • auouymous, bug with disabled systemui was fixed. Actually, this was real bug in Telescope, but for some strange reason it was somehow hidded by systemui. Please check that now it is gone.
  • Reduced flickering when switching between Switcher and Launcher views

If you don't see update in app manager, please wait a bit and try again

Always thrilled to see an update. Not seeing it in App Manager quite yet but will check in the morning.

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
silvermountain
Not exactly. You was able to move around opened windows with F5 (Home) key and to activate selected one with F4 (Menu) key (many users, including me, have swapped Esc and Menu buttons, may be this is why you remember about Esc).

Now switching windows with Home key is broken because second F5 press calls Launcher instead.

If you have idea about convenient key bindings, please descibe it in details, because i admit that when Launcher was integrated and second F5 key began to show it instead of selecting thumbnails, keyboard control became less useful.
Which key for moving around opened windows?
Which key to activate selected?
Which key to show Launcher?
Which key to go back from Launcher to Telescope?
Which key to show desktop?
Ah yes, that's how it worked.

How about:

Start Telescope: Home Key
Start Launcher: Press Home Key again
Go from Launcher to Telescope: Press Home key
Exit to Desktop (from Telescope): Tap any area outside of the app windows - or press Escape
Exit to Desktop (from Launcher): Tap any area outside of the app windows - or press Escape
(All the above is the way things work now)

If N810 keyboard is open (or an N800):
Move around open apps in Telescope: Dpad direction keys
Activate app in Telescope: Center key in Dpad

If N810 is closed (or an N800):
Use zoom + and - keys to move left and right among the apps

I
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
I'm usually posting update announce here immediately after autobuilder sends me confirmation saying that my package was successfully built. But automatic uploading binary package to repository often takes some more time, from 10 sec up to several hours. So, when you are reading my announce, the package could be on its way to repository yet
I'm usually checking if package is ready by this link. But even if new build is here, repository index files could be not rebuilt yet and app manager will not see update in this case. But you can install package by direct link if you're impatient

Zoom keys for selecting windows is good idea. All other keys already working as you described if remember correctly. Zoom keys can be easily added using /etc/telescope.keys file and i will add them there in next update.

Zoom keys to select app and fullscreen to switch to selected app would be a good idea. Escape key could be used to go to desktop from either app switcher or launcher.

And thank you for fixing the systemui bug so quickly, now I can remove it and attach my own!

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update. Always exciting to see updates!
I like the hardware key options Silvermountain suggests.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Belgium
I still would like an easy way to navigate between menus in the Launcher using a hardware key.
My personal suggestion would be to hit "Home" again. Maybe there is a key shortcut I didn't try.

Looking for beta testers for a price comparison engine:
http://www.shoptimate.com