Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
am I the only person who gets "size mismatch" when I try to install from console ?
Yesterday I tried installing using FEP, HAM and apt-get and didn't have any issues.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
The most important function for me is support for native system notifications. Are you planning something like this? I don't want the full program run in the background all the time.

Otherwise it looks damn cool.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
The most important function for me is support for native system notifications. Are you planning something like this? I don't want the full program run in the background all the time.

Otherwise it looks damn cool.
I thought about it but assumed there were other applications out there that do that. I still have the gmail notifier running on my n800

It is a feature that I also would like to have but not sure it would go with this app. I probably would write another one just for that. In fact, I started at a point to write a imap client just to check for new messages and do some filter - who knows....

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong
Nice.

Any plan to make it work with keyboard such as space bar scrolling and jump to the end/top of the page?

Cheers!

Originally Posted by taike_hk View Post
Nice.

Any plan to make it work with keyboard such as space bar scrolling and jump to the end/top of the page?

Cheers!
I am open for suggestions. Implementing something like this should be pretty simple. I will keep in mind

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taike_hk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I just uploaded to the repository MobWebMail - Gmail.

The description of the package reads:
First class Gmail browsing on your Phone. This is a web browser optimized for one task: browse your Gmail account using your touch screen device. MobWebMail supports Screen auto-rotation, full-screen view, different zoom levels and downloading attachments. On the top of a very simple interface it allows the user to switch between gmail accounts/sessions with one click.

For people that know my other package macuco, the main differences are:
  • MobWebMail only allows to browse gmail
  • MobWebMail allows you to access multiple gmail accounts by keeping separate sessions with distinct set of cookies. You can switch between them with two clicks.
  • MobWebMail allows to download attachments
  • MobWebMail shows an indicator any time the browser is requesting more data from the server (not just while loading the first page like macuco).
  • MobWebMail does not use the standard Maemo UI (menus, task bar, close button, ...)

This is the link to the package page (but it is not ready yet).

p.s. MobWebMail is also available for the Symbian platform in the Ovi store.
this was originally called macuco on Maemo Diablo right? I remember begging for the macuco app to be ported to maemo 5...and it came over as a full browser instead of just the GMail interface. Am I correct?

Lover of Music, Technology & Travel
If I'm not logged in, I'm probably jetsetting to a city near you...

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Usually I read the entire thread, this time I didn't, so sorry if this is already mentioned, but: Can you please implement the distinct sessions with separate sets of cookies function in Macuco too, if you haven't already? (Meanwhile, I'll keep hoping it becomes standard in all browsers everywhere anyway, but at least if Macuco did it that's a start, and it adds an extra convenience to a broad range of possible desired uses without much detriment to what you'd use the browser for anyway.)

Originally Posted by Swimm12984 View Post
this was originally called macuco on Maemo Diablo right? I remember begging for the macuco app to be ported to maemo 5...and it came over as a full browser instead of just the GMail interface. Am I correct?
Yes. I ported and decided to expand it into a generic browser. I wouldn't call a full browser though

MobWebMail is a new application that goes back to macuco's original idea. I tried to start over, start small and refine it. I wanted to have a very simple user interface and allow for independent sessions.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Okay, so I got time to read the entire thread - my initial request re: multiple sessions stands. Also, I would request having at least some help/about pages offline - I guess it is just a web window so that makes sense, but some one might still be using the N900 with this program years down the line and your life might have some random turns that lead to your server being offline and no longer there to show the webpage. Also, someone might wish to quickly look up something off the help/about page while being offline. I mean, we have almost 30 GB of space that's sitting on the FAT partition - you could dump the pages into a folder on that partition and it'll be a barely-present drop in the bucket. *Shrug*

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:

Tags
gmail