Hi
thanks for the reply. cssu features reports no problem and options such as zoom in on press work. as far as my n900 is concerned, cssu is installed. camera is still original maemo app too. its very confusing.

transitions.ini has the tweaks written in it too. i havent tried to flash again yet perhaps that is the only answer as ive spent several hours trying to get this to function.

cheers

OK, just reflashed the device, and reinstalled CSSU, installed OK, but still! there seems to be no difference with the device, Camera is still not the new camera UI, screen doesn't rotate or anything. There is nothing on the Wiki page about other apps to download for this? Eh?

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by skip0pot2mus View Post
OK, just reflashed the device, and reinstalled CSSU, installed OK, but still! there seems to be no difference with the device, Camera is still not the new camera UI, screen doesn't rotate or anything. There is nothing on the Wiki page about other apps to download for this? Eh?
Open the status menu (tap the clock), do you see "orientation lock"? If so, click to enable it and then try rotation.

No I didn't, but I just ran an apt get on orientation-lock applet, and now it is enabled. So one step closer! Thanks for the info.

Any ideas on the camera UI? I'm surprised that I am the only one with the problem, and that there is no info on the Wiki or on the youtube videos, they just show the install, then immediately they are able to rotate, and have the new Camera UI.

Just one of those days for me and my N900

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
First off, You reflashed the device. Did the reflash work? The initial post you had here was that it didn't properly reflash. If not, you need to try flashing it again. You have to have a stable base before you can install CSSU.

Secondly, how are you installing CSSU? Are you using apt-get, or HAM, for FAM, or? You should really be using apt-get to install CSSU, since having any third-party apps installed could be causing some odd dependency chain issue. (And I know you have at least a couple third party apps installed based on other posts you have in this forum.)

As requested in one of the posts here already, you need to open an xterminal, become root, and run the following commands:

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get -f install
That should fix any issues, or at least give you an error indicating what's wrong.

Hi Woody.

I reflashed again to make sure it was OK.

To install, I guess I used HAM, because I downloaded the app from the meamo page, which opened HAM for the rest.

I've tried the code you supplied thanks, update did a few things, but -f update installed 0.

Everything still works like PR1.3, this is rather frustrating

Thanks

Here's a little screenshot to make sure we're on the same page.

This is the only indication I have that CSSU is installed, the "About" and the rotation icon in the taskbar:

I don't have the new camera UI either but I assumed this was something else I had to install myself... clicking on the clock does not give me a orientation lock either.

about says:

Community SSU installed
version 21.2011.38_1maemo2.1
flavour: stable

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I think you are installing CSSU stable but expecting CSSU Testing features.

In CSSU Stable you have to install Oriention Lock Applet from the repo.
Forced rotation is in the CSSU Features Configuration App.
Also the Camera UI hasn't change in Stable yet.

If you have About Community SSU in Setting it's installed.

When you have CSSU Features Config installed and use the "Forced" option, I would read up on editing your usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini blacklist.
Things like camera-ui and image-viewer don't function well after being 'forced' to rotate.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
ye sorry thats it! I think I read a while ago that the new camera ui was part of the testing but i installed stable instead and i did install the app for rientation.

I assumed that skip had installed the same as me and was expecting something that wouldn't happen.