Posts: 18 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ India
Any possibilities of 3g video calling on N9 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Redevil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
If you search the forums you would know the answer is: NO!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
you can make video calls on 3G with the google talk built in from one google talk user to another - not sure if this qualifies for what you're looking for though

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
3G-324M is the 3GPP umbrella protocol for video telephony in 3G mobile networks.
Video telephony in MeeGo ofono
Currently there are no plans to support this. The support from the networks and available handsets are still limited.
This needs re-evaluation once such a service becomes more prominent. A similar split like with MMS might be a good idea.
My condolences.
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
3G-324M is the 3GPP umbrella protocol for video telephony in 3G mobile networks.
Video telephony in MeeGo ofono
http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/android_video_calling

I've never been in US. But in Poland nearly every phone(from last decade) works(it doesn't cost more than normal call) and I really like it (especially when talking with girlfriend).

Would it be very hard to iplement it, or is it nearly impossible w/o some sourcecode from Nokia(Micro$oft)?

The Following User Says Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
I'd say that network-switched (3G) video call is history, taken over by Skype and similar apps.
Back a few years, on my N97 and N82 it worked great - as you say, works withouy wifi, almost from any place and it's reliable.
Shame.