Active Topics

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by cjard View Post
Can the N900 not function as a VNC server so you can type on a full keyboard, but the text is sent to the N900?
Yes.

You can install and run x11vnc from extras-devel or extras-testing.

It's got a GUI, but I wouldn't use it as it's not very interactive. Once you install it, just go to the terminal (as user) and type:

nohup x11vnc -forever&

Works just fine but the VNC server tends to crash/close when the N900 switches network connections or goes offline.

Basically anything that changes the N900's assigned IP address on the fly will force a quit on the server but it's nothing that can't be bypassed with an event script in upstart or cron job to re-start the server upon it's exiting...

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
1 - My old Palm had a feature for Quick Text, pieces of text I could choose that were pasted into the message. The list of Quick Texts could be edited. Example: "Kind regards" or "I'm in a meeting right now".

2 - I can go through e-mail with the > and < buttons. With SMS, I cannot choose "Next". The only way is to close the message and choose the next message from the list.

Cannot add solutions to the brainstorm, so I decided to add to this old thread...
Kind regards, Rob