Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Las Vegas, NV
Maybe a developer would pick up this project if there was some sort of bounty on it.

If everyone who would like to see a nice Sirius app on the N800 chipped in a couple bucks, it might really become worth someone's while.

Just an idea, but I'd donate.

I am all for that, I love my sirius & it would make the N800 a true killer device for me.
I'd gladly donate a few bucks, or help develop if at all possible (though I have no clue where to start).

There is an open source Sirius add-on/extension for Firefox that works well, it may be good source for ideas or maybe the developer of that project could be swayed to porting it to the N800/Opera ??

Check it out here:

http://dev.megagram.com/sirius/

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Ocean City
Originally Posted by D2point0 View Post
Maybe a developer would pick up this project if there was some sort of bounty on it.

If everyone who would like to see a nice Sirius app on the N800 chipped in a couple bucks, it might really become worth someone's while.

Just an idea, but I'd donate.
Same here!

Using uSirius and Tversity you can stream Sirius, but those 2 programs must be running on your home computer.

I previously stated that I will donate and would also buy a developer committed to the project 1 year of Sirius.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I previously stated that I will donate and would also buy a developer committed to the project 1 year of Sirius.
Mark, this was definitely your idea.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Originally Posted by alvindd View Post
Same here!

Using uSirius and Tversity you can stream Sirius, but those 2 programs must be running on your home computer.
Also, you can use Orb instead of Tversity...I was intrigued by all the Sirius talk, so I started messing around with uSirius (and uXM, by the same guy). Once both programs go through and extract all of the URL's for all the channels, all you need to do is cut and paste each streaming URL into the "Internet Radio Favorites" on Orb by adding a new entry. Seems to work pretty well so far, and since I was already running Orb, figured I may as well use that instead of having another server like Tversity running...

The only drawback to these methods is the song and artist info is not diplayed, at least not for me. Not a big deal, but that is what makes SiriusWM5 on WinMo such a cool program - it displays track and channel info, as well as the original channel logos.

One other method of streaming Sirius, XM, and iTunes, etc. that I have been playing with once again is Nicecast on the Mac. What this cool app does is it captures audio from *any* application you have running (ie, Safari for Sirius and XM), and it reroutes it into your own personal or public Shoutcast stream. Of course, the default media player can stream Shoutcast stream without any trouble, so this works great for me. I can use VNC Viewer to actually get into my desktop and change the channels, plus I have the advantage of seeing what is currently playing, because I have the full interface of my computer.

I used this method a few years ago with my Treo 650, because it would let me listen to online sports talk radio and other stuff while I was driving to work in the mornings.

Hope this helps...but I still would love to see someone come out with a more elegant software solution native to the N800 and 770...

I think this could be as strong a buying point on the n800 as Skype. Nokia and Sirius should get in contact and do something big. I never even imagined something like this on the n800. Internet Radio, FM Radio, SATELLITE Radio!!! Thats amazing. Kudos to you, I would gladly contribute money to fund this whole project.

Originally Posted by noyz View Post
I would gladly contribute money to fund this whole project.
I will split it with you. For real. I hope someone volunteers.

Just wondering has anyone else got it working? What problems are people running in to?

I agree there is good potential for a project here, if I wasn't so busy with school at the moment I would take on the project but I best not distract myself. It would be real easy to make a native python app for the n800 based on the Sipie program.

Last edited by m00s3computer; 2007-07-17 at 06:44.

Hello,
Do i need an active sirius account, user name... and password... -required ?, to get uSirius working at all ??

thanx for any help