Active Topics

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
my question is still are we going to have a minimal version still?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
my question is still are we going to have a minimal version still?
No idea about Reggie's plans, but anybody can push a task to a maemo.org development sprint (or Just Do It). Even yourself.

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
How about maemo.org moves it's content to the servers hosting internettablettalk.com?

My only real fear is that if/when ITT moves servers to maemo.org's it will still be SLOW.

Frank
No, read the original article by Reggie..
http://www.internettablettalk.com/20...-talkmaemoorg/
"[...]the ads will be removed, and will still run on the same fast server you have all been enjoying for several years now."

(bold was added by me)

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Was away, so I didn't get to see the thread until today.. looks good to me. However, I didn't see anything about what's going to happen to tabletscene.com - as I understand it it's affiliated with internettablettalk.com, sharing accounts and the like. Will it keep its current status/getting removed/or moved? It's a low-traffic site, but it looks useful (maybe because it's low-traffic) for newbies and non-technical people.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I didn't see anything about what's going to happen to tabletscene.com - as I understand it it's affiliated with internettablettalk.com, sharing accounts and the like. Will it keep its current status/getting removed/or moved? It's a low-traffic site, but it looks useful (maybe because it's low-traffic) for newbies and non-technical people.
A good question. Can someone speak to this?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I realize I haven't been active for a while, and I fully admit that I haven't read all 89 comments to this item... but...

I hope that the forum retains its community feel. I hope that a bunch of anti-social developers with behavioural problems don't lambaste new users into leaving or abandoning iTTs. I hope that it doesn't turn into sub-basement 23 of the Matrix with casual users thinking their stupid because they don't know how to repolarize their level 2 flux inducer without step by step instructions.

Looking forward to seeing it. And thanks for mentioning that you're staying on the same server; given the connectivity issues to maemo.org I've experienced in my time, that's welcome news.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
I realize I haven't been active for a while, and I fully admit that I haven't read all 89 comments to this item... but...
You've been gone too long, maemo.org has changed a lot and I don't think it's the place you think it is.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
Looking forward to seeing it. And thanks for mentioning that you're staying on the same server; given the connectivity issues to maemo.org I've experienced in my time, that's welcome news.
Well, the maemo.org servers were recently upgraded, so it's a lot faster and more stable than it used to be.

Also, welcome back, Hedgecore!

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I'll have to second the comment that maemo.org is VERY slow, no matter what machine or connection i use.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
I'll have to second the comment that maemo.org is VERY slow, no matter what machine or connection i use.
Still (i.e. today)? What URLs/actions are slow?

There've been a variety of improvements, but I've lost track at the moment as to which ones have been done or not. Certainly, I've noticed the difference over the past few weeks.

The task should be being tracked here, but that doesn't have updates for the Midgard upgrades recently etc. Something for the Nemein folks to be poked about in the next monthly meeting.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Reggie, I have lots of links to this forum that I've copied into my Personal Information Manager. I haven't copied the information into my PIM, just the link either to the thread or to a specific post.

Will those links to old threads and old posts still work after the forum has moved?

(For example, I have an entry in my PIM for "Software: File Associations" and all it has is: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...d.php?p=153260
I didn't include any of the actual posts in my PIM, but I'd like to be able to still get to that info when I need it.)

Thanks in advance.