Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The main idea behind this Brainstorm is to improve the display of the battery charge level of the n900

Currently the only information display is a rough iconised / graphical representation of the battery within the status bar and status menu (touch/click the status bar). It would be nice to have some for of percentage displayed somewhere in the UI

I've added a possible solution, feel free to add your own

thanks

link to brainstorm: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._charge_level/

This is what it could look like:

Edit: just updated the graphical representation of the percentage on my proposed screenshots to make it all a little better to understand

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-12 at 12:16. Reason: Title Change

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Is it techniccaly possible to get the level of the Battery during Charging?

If so I had a additional proposal...

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Edit - Not sure whilst charging is possible?

Try here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ery+percentage

Also, i think the picture at the top is missing the percentage number - bar's just aren't good enough for some!
edit edit! - now I'm confused that top pic has the bars at the bottom, and top, and the percentage that i didn't' notice earlier, sorry!
But wayyyy to much!
Just needs one small percentage like at the top surely? - makes the bottom 5 bars redundant.

Last edited by noobmonkey; 2009-12-22 at 11:00.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
The Bottom is not the accu. It's the Screen illumination.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
I agree, this is a good idea. because the graphic battery is not precise enough to know how much battery left we've got, especially when the battery is low.

The Following User Says Thank You to Antoine For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Edit - Not sure whilst charging is possible?

Try here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ery+percentage

Also, i think the picture at the top is missing the percentage number - bar's just aren't good enough for some!
edit edit! - now I'm confused that top pic has the bars at the bottom, and top, and the percentage that i didn't' notice earlier, sorry!
But wayyyy to much!
Just needs one small percentage like at the top surely? - makes the bottom 5 bars redundant.
those 5 bars are the "simple brightness app" which is not part of this proposal, sorry for the confusion.

the added percentage at the top is the only thing I'd like to see added

Why not add a continuous horizontal bar behind the text in the battery display in the first post? This is commonly done elsewhere. A continuous bar would graphically represent the percentage more precisely than the current discrete (limited resolution vertical) display. Some folks like numbers, some like pictures. I suggest giving both.

Originally Posted by statwrangler View Post
Why not add a continuous horizontal bar behind the text in the battery display in the first post? This is commonly done elsewhere. A continuous bar would graphically represent the percentage more precisely than the current discrete (limited resolution vertical) display. Some folks like numbers, some like pictures. I suggest giving both.
feel free to add you solution to the brainstorm and don't forget to vote

made a better graphical representation of my proposal acordingly to statwranglers idea (thanks ), added them to solution #1 as well as to the first post in the thread

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
The Bottom is not the accu. It's the Screen illumination.
hehe - you can tell i was having a senior moment

I like the second picture - looks good!