Originally Posted by Cross View Post
I am curious if anyone else received confirmation that the sale went through and then a notification that the phone shipped but there has been no action on the card.
It might've come up as "telephone retail services."
But hey, I wouldn't complain if I were you. Getting your already cheap N900 for free? Sounds pretty great to me.

In other news, mine has arrived, and the rebate seems pretty foolproof. Also, I think this is the best device I've ever owned.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Back and gone again.

LOL, itīs funny that the only way to view order status is to "log in to your account on nokiausa.com. However when I do it says that Iīve got no placed orders..................oh Nokia.... all I wanted was to get the tracking number of the order you say you shipped to me a couple of days ago.
Ah yes, nokiausa.com.

I was among the many "victims" of the nokiausa on-line rollout fiasco last fall. In spite of the amazing deal a sympathetic call center rep gave me at the time ($485 after numerous discounts), I got sick of their system flagging me and canceling my orders and went with another retailer (it's not a deal if they won't let your cc go through, right?).

But, like a sucker/lemming who never learns his lesson I bit on this deal--a potentially free n900 put me on notice. I figured that the worst that could happen is that NokiaUSA would find a way to cancel my order: and since I already have a n900, no harm no foul.

It looks like NokiaUSA were up to their usual shenanigans with my order switching between various statuses, with the order disappearing and reappearing again at one point. So, they finally got around to e-mailing my shipping notice, which was quite amusing since the FedEx guy showed up with my package three days ago. As someone mentioned earlier, it's no wonder that Nokia has lost most of their share in the US, it's almost as though they are going out of their way to avoid selling to you!

Anyway, I've been too busy to play around with it, but there does seem to be a couple of very minor hardware changes on my new one compared to the one that I received in early December. Perhaps I'll post something in the "Hardware Revision" thread if the changes are interesting enough...

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Ah yes, nokiausa.com.

I was among the many "victims" of the nokiausa on-line rollout fiasco last fall. In spite of the amazing deal a sympathetic call center rep gave me at the time ($485 after numerous discounts), I got sick of their system flagging me and canceling my orders and went with another retailer (it's not a deal if they won't let your cc go through, right?).

But, like a sucker/lemming who never learns his lesson I bit on this deal--a potentially free n900 put me on notice. I figured that the worst that could happen is that NokiaUSA would find a way to cancel my order: and since I already have a n900, no harm no foul.

It looks like NokiaUSA were up to their usual shenanigans with my order switching between various statuses, with the order disappearing and reappearing again at one point. So, they finally got around to e-mailing my shipping notice, which was quite amusing since the FedEx guy showed up with my package three days ago. As someone mentioned earlier, it's no wonder that Nokia has lost most of their share in the US, it's almost as though they are going out of their way to avoid selling to you!

Anyway, I've been too busy to play around with it, but there does seem to be a couple of very minor hardware changes on my new one compared to the one that I received in early December. Perhaps I'll post something in the "Hardware Revision" thread if the changes are interesting enough...
same here, ordered a second one cuz it was just too tempting
and then a few days after it actually shipped i got two emails from Nokia saying "order processed" or something stupid. what the hell is going on? lol, but I got it in the mail, havent opened my new box yet... i keep thinking if someone else here really wants it but missed out on the deal ill resell to them...

so tempting to just open and OC it and see how far I can get stable... mine now is stable up to 950 with default voltage... but i keep at 900 with default, for my own reasons

id be VERY interested in hearing about the hardware revisions... that you are imagining

yeah, i would realy like to buy it from you, i live in austria and so this deal wasn't available for me :-(

if you are interested leave a mesage or pm me
thx

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post

id be VERY interested in hearing about the hardware revisions... that you are imagining
Like I said, the changes seem very minor. As others have mentioned, the N900s manufactured this summer now have a grippier matte finish to the keyboard. Other than that I haven't played around with it, so I don't know...

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
The link in first post takes me to "Nokia cell phone shopping" page.
Nothing about N900, rebates, or discounts...
Did the sale end already?

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
i dont see nokia n900 on the nokiausa.com. must be sold out

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
@SAABoy

PM sent - (I hope)

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

I'm glad you guys received your N900s without being swindled by Nokia. Their father's day promotion was pretty awful, so it's good that this wasn't a repeat.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Swirnoff View Post
The link in first post takes me to "Nokia cell phone shopping" page.
Nothing about N900, rebates, or discounts...
Did the sale end already?
Yep. Talked to them today - first day I've had free since I initially called - and they said it was over as of September 1st, 1am or so.

The gentleman I had talked to was the same from the last time; however he was unable to assist me in even purchasing one at all.

Oh well. When I decided to buy one for myself, I cannot.