Notices

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
It's there in the nokia repositories, not extras (and 0maemo4 is for the release firmware, 0maemo6 is PR1.1).
Can you give me the link....i am not seeing it. It says package removed or something.

This is garbage...i can not read PPT file and when i open a doc file...the scrolling is not smooth.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
How stable is it?
I need a free office reader, but I don't want to install anything from the devel repo (I'm a noob and already had to flash the device once because of it)
Thanks

Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
Hello,

Nokia sponsored creation of Office document viewer based on KOffice:

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009...ed-on-koffice/

KWord and KPresenter are mentioned but I hope other modules are also supported (or will be in future).

Note that while title mentions "viewer" text is about complete KOffice so not only viewing but also edition and creation of documents should be possible.

Program will be officially presented at Maemo Summit.

KOffice is nice thing for creation your own, even quite complex documents (its internal format is Oasis known from OpenOffice.org). Situation is a bit worse with MS-Office compatibility but in my experience "good enough" for simple files. Also one of the official goals of this Nokia involvement is:
so this didnt happen yet. that sucks. i see k office in the repo but its still in devel and it says only viewer

The Following User Says Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Last version (0.2-7) generally works well with PR1.2, but still can't open PPSX and RTF files.
Also XLS, XLSX, PPSX and ODS files don't have their dedicated icon, but just common white icon with the blue question mark.

Anyway, thanks for this very useful application!

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
So, how far is this approximately from getting promoted to extras-testing? any progress? how is compatibility of the current version with pr 1.3?

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
So, how far is this approximately from getting promoted to extras-testing? any progress? how is compatibility of the current version with pr 1.3?
Current version is 0.2-9 and for me doesn't work with PR1.3. We are waiting for update and bug fixes.

Originally Posted by chande View Post
We are working on making a new release of FreOffice with fixes for many identified bugs here. We are aiming to get to next release suitable for Pr1.3 with fixes and also updating the backend(koffice) to the latest which has many more fixes. Our next release will be before mid of November. We will release asap (we have some delays due to Holiday season in India:-) Diwali if you know what I am talking about).. Watch this space in less than 2 weeks time.. Appreciate your patience and support towards us

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pune MH
Hi where can i download in now can anyone help or share

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@setty,

This thread is not so huge. Your message is #79. If you had taken the time to read the few messages here, you would have found that the package name is freoffice, available from extras-devel.

But you chose to revive a thread after almost two years of dormancy.

I wouldn't call that a great start in this forum. But anyway, you're welcome (no pun intended).

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: