Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
How do you know you were dropped?? I'm having a problem getting iPv6 access after PR 1.3 and I've even email Cameron about it. I have been running the iPv4/iPv6 setup (http://n900-ipv6.garage.maemo.org/) for a couple of months and everything was fine until the upgrade. I've gone so far as to delete the scripts and download them again and configure them and I still can't get access. It made me wonder if they dropped me for some reason. I think I will email Cameron again...
Did you reinstall the power kernel after updating to PR 1.3?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Originally Posted by ddrown View Post
Did you reinstall the power kernel after updating to PR 1.3?
No, I didn't have to. I did however had to re-install the kernel for power user settings (v0.11). After PR 1.3 I checked in xterm and the kernel was there, just not enabled.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

How do you know you were dropped??
A guess, you might say... I had read elsewhere that the ipv6 authorization settings on the account are prone to drop out when the account is modified -- this being a beta program after all. Before, I had tried re-installing and configuring the libicd package and still I was getting apn connection failures. Sure enough, soon as Cameron re-authorized the account I was able to connect successfully!

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Wow, t-mobile dropped you? That made members number dropped from 77 to 76! Does anybody know how precious you are? The total number of betatesters is only 77... freightening small for such utmost important beta!

bun
Being dropped is a result of the beta status. It is most often triggered by the user doing an account update (calling customer care, upgrading ...), which then triggers the account to be overwritten without the flags for the IPv6 beta program.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
A friend of mine who is not a member of this forum tried to join the beta and her application was ignored. I guess they check whether you are a member here.
You should ask your friend to try again. The beta is open, but the beta status means there are some manual processes and mistakes can be made. The only people that get rejected are iphone and android users, since their devices do not support IPv6 on the mobile network .... maybe someday.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmojoe For This Useful Post:
No, I didn't have to. I did however had to re-install the kernel for power user settings (v0.11). After PR 1.3 I checked in xterm and the kernel was there, just not enabled.
Ok, to get more info on what's going on, you can put libicd-network-3g-ipv6 into debug mode:

[run these commands as root, it'll disconnect you]
initctl stop icd2
/usr/sbin/icd2

This will print out the connection messages to your terminal.

If it's a matter of not having ipv6 support, it'll say:
ifconfig: socket: Address family not supported by protocol

If it's something else, it should say something like:
[X] failed (com.nokia.[Y]): [Z]

That error message should hint to what's going wrong.

After you're done with debugging mode, you can turn it back off with:

[this will disconnect you again]
hit control-c and you'll get a prompt back
initctl start icd2

The Following User Says Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Thanks for your help gentlemen.... After Cameron verified that my account was still good, I decided to do some deeper file checking and in a slew of sloppy script writing *facepalm*, I found the problem and all is good. After visiting www.whatismyv6.com to verify my connectivity, www.v6.facebook.com and ipv6.google.com were also done swiftly. And of course the swimming turtle...
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

I got accepted in the Beta today, and I followed the instructions here: https://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/README
Everything was OK, the IPV6 connection was created, I changed the APN to ccinternet2.t-mobile.com, but still can't connect. I only have 2.5g here, could this be a problem?

When I try:
initctl stop icd2
/usr/sbin/icd2
icd2 will seg fault each time I try the ipv6 connection (but works fine with wifi).

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Radu View Post
I got accepted in the Beta today, and I followed the instructions here: https://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/README
Everything was OK, the IPV6 connection was created, I changed the APN to ccinternet2.t-mobile.com, but still can't connect. I only have 2.5g here, could this be a problem?
2.5G is fine. I'm able to connect if I force it to only use 2G

Originally Posted by Radu View Post
When I try:
initctl stop icd2
/usr/sbin/icd2
icd2 will seg fault each time I try the ipv6 connection (but works fine with wifi).

Any ideas?
Does it print any messages before it segfaults?

such as:

using non-default apn: ccinternet2.t-mobile.com
Attached: GPRSAttach
Available

Does it crash after you select the v6 connection, or when it presents you with a list of connections, or right after starting icd2?

When I start icd2, it will stay there and do nothing indefinitely. However, as soon as I tell it to connect using the 3G ipv6 connection, it will say:
using default apn
seg fault

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile