Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by johnb543 View Post
Hahahaaa no ... if you want to get scientific we can. 16th Floors is 160 feet about 50 meters and sea level is 3 feet above sea level since the condo was on the beach. So now how much velocity do you think ? ?

The outter casing (body/outside hardware) has no scratches or dents except from previous drops which all had happened without the soft gel case.
YOu think N9 would survive this:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/03...e-still-works/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
oh so you had the silicon case? i might have to rethink my decision "to case or not to case"

using newton's gravitational law to model a non constant acceleration? now thats diff eq i'd rather not lol

@lumiadude doesnt matter how high, it'll reach maximum speed in a few seconds

Last edited by deviantv1ral; 2012-09-28 at 00:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deviantv1ral For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
Regarding disamble of the N9; My two year old son managed to get hold of my phone when charging and of course he managed to break the flap covering the usb connector. I watched a youtube video how to disamble the N9 and this is the first thing he removes with a single snap when opened. I tried this but it was impossible to remove. I used tools to get a better grip but no luck. Anyone tried to remove this themselves?
I had no problem to put this off. just pull

Originally Posted by johnb543 View Post
I mean, I picked it up and tried to turn it on, and the notification light in the lower left hand corner blinked twice. Since then, it doesn't blink, even while charging.

Now my question is, seeing that it did blink, is there some sort of miracle to know for sure if it can still be a functional device?I be looking for to know if this phone can be salvaged or good to throw away at my local dump site.
It was saying good bye. Poor little robot, waited 10 minutes (when You wondered if You should even bother going down to pick it up), keeping itself alive, to blink twice, saying goodbye.

And now, You're wondering, if You should put it into trash dump. Cruel bastard.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It was saying good bye. Poor little robot, waited 10 minutes (when You wondered if You should even bother going down to pick it up), keeping itself alive, to blink twice, saying goodbye.

And now, You're wondering, if You should put it into trash dump. Cruel bastard.
Lmao, I honor your world, but sorry my good friend Estel, it's all just in the name of good humor. Would never give my N9 away after I bought it on 11/11/11 and Got it stolen and Got it recovered. And yes it was just like you said. A poor little poor wondering if my best friend is alive, seeing it blink twice, saying goodbye, waiting for its return to be alive again.
I have all the intention to bring my baby back to life... Long live the N9 and lumiaman go away with your shitnonsense !!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
It must have fallen face down... on the glass first... And The I phone too... and the one thing that's common in both of em is the glass.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Disconnect the battery, reconnect it, then put it back together, and from a PC, run "flasher -i" and connect the USB cable.

If it responds, the main board's alive.
If it doesn't, it's dead, or you may want to investigate whether all the connectors are still where they're supposed to be. The N9 does not make a rattling sound when you shake it up.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
try taking the screen off, and ensure the battery is connected properly. I once had the same thing when taking my n9's screen off, turns out the battery plug was slightly dislodged. Its somewhat secure, but after a fall from the 16th floor... probably became dislodged somewhat

I vote that if he resurrects it, he gives his phone the name of Jesus.

At least you'd have a great story of why. A friend of mine... his ex-girlfriend's insane parents were Jehova Witnesses and one day her mother had left her cell phone in my friend's car, and it said "Jehova" no the front.... I just shook my head.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.