Notices

UPDATE: This application is currently in extras-testing. Please test it, and vote for it so it can move to the extras repository!

This application sends a specified number of sms messages to a phone number with a specified delay between each message. It supports several different sms services, including carrier sms, and google voice (using qgvdial).

------------------------------------------------------------

http://maemo.org/packages/view/smsbomb/

It should be available in extras-devel right now, and requires qgvdial to send sms messages via google voice (I did not include this as a dependency, and I do not check for it when the program starts).

Phone numbers should be entered in the +1555123456 format (with +1 being replaced by your appropriate country code).

Please leave any feedback / suggestions that you may have.

Feature Requests:
  • Contacts access
  • Flash SMS - complete

------------------------------------------------------------

Be very careful when sending large numbers of sms messages. It is very possible that your carrier (or google voice) may have a problem with you sending large numbers of messages.

I created this application purely for entertainment purposes, so please note the warning below:

Please note: I am not responsible for what you do with this application. It is purely meant for research purposes, and should not be used to harass, intimidate, or otherwise bother other people. I am also not responsible for loss of service, or any fees associated with using this program.

Thanks to sakya for smssend.

Last edited by xur17; 2011-06-24 at 09:12.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Hi !
Thanks, it worked great, I sent a couple of hundreds sms to my son this morning, he woke up alright.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sir_Krokofant For This Useful Post:
Works great, it can be very funny
Maybe that you can contact the developper of smssend for integrating the multi-send option to smssend, and make smsbomb a GUI for it, which depends on smssend
Also, for the setUID command, you can make it part of the deb postinst/postrm (to see with smssend deelopper).

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
hehe nice app. Could be expensive if someone messes with your phone..
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
It is purely meant for research purposes
No, it isn't. There's nothing to research. The technology is already well understood. We all have enough sense to comprehend the predominant reaction when receiving a whole truck load of unsolicited text / email / junk mail / whatever. It ain't cool.

I don't want to sound like the old guy that yells "Get off my lawn" but you know as well as I that this application was created to cause irritation.

With just a few tweaks it can also be made to send spam to a whole range of numbers, not just a single recipient. While it's simplistic to script up a repeating text message, actually doing so and then giving it to the masses is perhaps not a good idea.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
The section for the recipients number is not long enough. its only 10 figures long where as a normal british number with +44 at the begining then mobile number is 12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Thats Awesome! Thank You!

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
The section for the recipients number is not long enough. its only 10 figures long where as a normal british number with +44 at the begining then mobile number is 12.
It looks like you got an older build. The newest version (0.2.0-5) fixes this, and allows up to 15 digits.

Last edited by xur17; 2011-02-10 at 15:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Meh, I say this should be given to the masses, just as Aircrack-NG and so onr. If everyone had to reinvent all the tools they want that might conceivably be misusable, humanity would take far longer to make substantial progress.

It's just as dangerous as giving the masses pen testing tools. Oh, except while for every legitimate pentester there's probably an instance of misuse of the tool, if these tools were not public, they would still end up in the hands of the seriously dangerous misusers, but in the hands of far fewer legitimate ones.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
I got this installed

I did changed the permissions to chmod 4555 /usr/bin/pnatd using root.

And ran the app . the app runs , but it dosent send the message using SIM .

i'm doing this from India using Airtel 3G

i'm using the +91 and the number

it says stop(1 of 4 ) < looks like the app is trying to send , but it just wont .

The Following User Says Thank You to DaReaper For This Useful Post: