Active Topics

I just bought a brand new N900 and it is shipped. Because I was excited while I am waiting this new baby, I came here to check what is going on.

But here I see unhappy, frustrated user community. Lack of software support/update, lack of response from Nokia officials . I am an long/loyal Nokia user. Currently I own an N95 8GB, I had 2 Nokia's before. I still believe Nokia is leading cell phone company, but obviously it falls behind these days especially on software side but I hoped N900 will be a solution.

I am very disappointed after spending several hours here and reading responses. Should I return my N900?

Please advise, I'd appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Dbl

I Suggest you get a HTC Device that runs windows mobile or android, I got my N900 because it had flash support, but there is a browser called skyfire and has full flash support, and there are many more apps which makes any HTC Device AWESOME, especially with TouchFLO/HTC Sense 2.5!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gokuman56 For This Useful Post:
get rid and get an htc desire. nokia dont support n900 anymore. im constantly envious oh my friends htc desire and the stuff hes got on it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to airjaff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
If possible, you should return it. The amount you've put into purchasing N900 is huge and Maemo is a new half baked OS.

I have learnt a lesson that never buy a half baked OS but on a personal note I am happy with what my N900 can do.

Wait for N8, wait for meego, Look at Android, New Iphone OS, New Blackberry OS. There is so much new coming up.

Last edited by resplendent2209; 2010-05-24 at 18:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to resplendent2209 For This Useful Post:
Yeah. To be honest, I still love my N900. But I don't know why exactly..
If I was looking for a new smartphon/mid-like device, I'd definitely go for htc and android..
I mean, the N900 is still awesome. But there is so much more going on with android imho.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wildwaldbiberhirte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Depends on how much did you pay for it?

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
dbl wld suggest your priorities in a phone and look around in this forum for posts on those specific features.your likes may be somebody elses dislikes.there is a thread for potential n900 buyers(offcourse you arent in that category but u have a choice) do read it and make up ur mind.

amongst many disappointed users there are an equal number of overjoyed people...so dont get taken in by the gloom

The Following User Says Thank You to rcarlos For This Useful Post:
As nice as the N900 is, if I still had a window to return it I would. I don't like buying something that's going to be outdated this fast.

Will it keep working, yes. Do I believe smart phones should be more than what it is out of the box, yes.

You don't buy a computer and plan to not add new software, tweak, and use the Internet to download new content. Why should your "internet tablet"/smart phone be any different?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
I have an HTC HD2, and it gives me everything I need and more.
But the N900 is special in itself.

Thx everybody.

After rebates/coupons/tax/shipping the total cost is $380.